Start Cycle?

Shunopoli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just put my dry sand and dry rock in. It's still a little cloudy. Can I go ahead and put in my bacteria and ammonia source even though it's still cloudy from the sand?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes it wont harm at all. the silt just swirls around till it settles due to bioencapsulation or its removed by various filters depending on setup. *if you have a small tank, take it apart and rinse the sand before you set back up, save big headaches on rearranging work later on etc.

OP
OP
S

Shunopoli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes it wont harm at all. the silt just swirls around till it settles due to bioencapsulation or its removed by various filters depending on setup. *if you have a small tank, take it apart and rinse the sand before you set back up, save big headaches on rearranging work later on etc.

So I pre-rinsed the sand before putting it in. I have red sea 250. It's been probably about 17 hours and still cloudy as heck. How long does it take to settle? Also the dry sand i put in they didn't include that packet that is supposed to help

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it wont matter after X amnt of time, ranges among tanks.

bioslicks will cover them eventually and settle/ running a nice high micron canister filter + some carbon w help too.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 16 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 17.6%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 132 66.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 10 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.0%
Back