Starting over

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tony0822
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tony0822

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 18, 2014
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
N.C.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have had my 180 set up for over 10 years. A hurricane a couple years ago wiped me out of all but a six line wrasse and a sand sifter, plus a few hermit crabs. My question is, what is a good way to rid the tank of clumps of algae in the sand with out removing it all? I fixed the reason for causing it. It shouldn't come back once I rid the tank of it. Is it possible to clean the sand? I know that replacing it would be best but limited funds at the moment are holding me back from doing that.
Thanks,
Tony
 
You could try vacuuming up the clumps, but in the long run it would be best to remove it and rinse it all out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new