Starting soon

strep

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2025
Messages
27
Reaction score
54
Location
Dallas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been planning my first nano reef tank and am excited to get started. I’m currently deciding on equipment and livestock and would love to hear what’s worked well for others with smaller setups. Also, I’m curious about unique species that do well in nanos.

Any recommendations?
 
Let us know what you are building! Sounds exciting but without any tank size details and what your vision is it’s hard to give direction.
 
It really depends how much time you're willing to dedicate to it. I started a 10 gallon recently and its been a blast, but it does require daily attention.

I'd say 10 gallon if you're the obsessive type and you dont mind spending a decent amount of money.

A 20-30 gallon will certainly be easier in the long run.

You can search for build threads here (including my own), but honestly every tank is different. Take your time and decide what you're willing to give.
 
That’s the truth! Have a 14 going, I say it’s for my daughter but we know I’m having the most fun! But it takes every other day testing and really staying on it to keep it stable. It’s not difficult just time consuming.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new