starting to grow rotifers....how too feed them?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BanZI29
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BanZI29

Still just a reefer noob!
View Badges
Joined
Oct 26, 2020
Messages
1,389
Reaction score
2,544
Location
Port St. Lucie
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to start growing rotifers, and I know that they will eat Nanno and Tetra BUT, does it have to be frozen or can I add it fresh from my cultures?
 
I am going to start growing rotifers, and I know that they will eat Nanno and Tetra BUT, does it have to be frozen or can I add it fresh from my cultures?
I have seen folks culture their own phytoplankton to feed rotifers. Have you considered that route?
 
I have seen folks culture their own phytoplankton to feed rotifers. Have you considered that route?
I do culture my own phyto. I have Iso, Thalas, nanno, tetra, and porphy. Is it possible to feed rotifers fresh phyto?
 
Of course! There are a handful of guides online, here's one for your consideration:

 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new