Starting to stock 250L

reefyjoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, about 11 weeks ago I had my tank wiped out by what we think was a bad case of ich . I am coming to the end of my fallow period and I am going to buy some fish again.

I have come up with a stock list and would like opinions on compatibility , tank size being okay , etc . And any suggestions on anything you would include. What I plan on adding a is :

2 x clown fish
2 x banggai cardinal
1 x lawnmower blenny
1 x watchman goby
1 x royal gramma
1 x coral beauty

I would love a fox face and a mandarin too but unsure if this is wise . I have set up a quarantine and don’t want to take any chances.
Tank is a Red Sea reefer 250L with a Reefmat a protein skimmer and a refugium with lots of copepods.

Thanks in advance.

Larry isaak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, about 11 weeks ago I had my tank wiped out by what we think was a bad case of ich . I am coming to the end of my fallow period and I am going to buy some fish again.

I have come up with a stock list and would like opinions on compatibility , tank size being okay , etc . And any suggestions on anything you would include. What I plan on adding a is :

2 x clown fish
2 x banggai cardinal
1 x lawnmower blenny
1 x watchman goby
1 x royal gramma
1 x coral beauty

I would love a fox face and a mandarin too but unsure if this is wise . I have set up a quarantine and don’t want to take any chances.
Tank is a Red Sea reefer 250L with a Reefmat a protein skimmer and a refugium with lots of copepods.

Thanks in advance.
Looks like a solid list
Of fish to me. I don’t see why you shouldn’t add a Mandarin. But a fox gets to big for that size tank in my opinion.

pbjorlin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Start slow, and work your way up to more fish. When fish are in a new environment they get stressed quickly and get ick. Get some clowns, wait a few weeks and add one more fish.

OP
OP
R

reefyjoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start slow, and work your way up to more fish. When fish are in a new environment they get stressed quickly and get ick. Get some clowns, wait a few weeks and add one more fish.
That’s the plan . That is just the final list I eventually want in the tank .

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 103 57.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 53 29.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 64 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 31 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 53 29.6%
Back