• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Stay away from reefz3ro

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nomad

Poorhouse Denizen
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to see you posted your side. IMO, you know where he lives, mail him a check, then you'll have a receipt.

reefz3ro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no checking account. Second off what is better then cash in person on any day anytime? I shouldn't have to beg the guy. I guess u guys gotta be in my shoes to see where im coming from. I been nothing but nice to this guy the whole time, I ask for interceptor he flips all out! I never even called him a name or made him look bad and I was the one who apologized??? The one getting threaten and all of the other good stuff. I can easily go to the police with all the threats, but I don't. Im not trying to ruin anyones record or rep.

Tswifty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There really is no side to your story. Yeah that's unfortunate that there were some Red Bugs, but Red bugs are about the easiest pest to get rid of in this hobby. Most people have them in their system and don't even realize it until they post a macro shot, and someone else spots them. If you had any idea what you were doing with SPS you would know that. Why don't you throw up some more excuses. Now if it was Acro Eating Flatworms or Montipora Eating Nudibranches that's a different stroy.

Red bugs don't kill corals, ONE Interceptor treatment is really all it takes to eradicate them from your system, and the coral will literally respond overnight. I don't know where the heck you're doing research, but you're just making things up. I don't see a problem with deducting the cost of the Interceptor from the total to treat your system, but you owe him the money for the corals plain and simple. You cannot blame Pat for getting angry or flipping out. You walked out with his entire system and never paid him for it, even after agreed to allow you to pay him later.

Like I said in the other thread... I'm guessing you bit off more than you could chew, stuff died, and now you don't want to pay. Go get a money order, or certified bank check and mail it if you don't have a checking account.

Last edited:

reefz3ro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not making excuses....not getting a money order, I talked to someone they said get a written receipt paid in full. Its not about the red bugs, i tried paying him after the fact he lied! No matter what he's right im wrong! If it was the other way around and I was the one selling the stuff u guys would be saying u screwed him. Its all about who knows who on here and no one knows me. Besides the couple people that did do business with me. Its just funny how things work. Pat you got what u wanted.

Tswifty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not making excuses....not getting a money order
You took something without paying for it... bottom line.

You're also attacking someone who has continuously helped out others, as well as the local reef club. So you shouldn't be surprised that people are a little bit upset with your actions. No one will back you up who knows anything about keeping SPS, because your argument over Red Bugs is a joke.

Let's pretend I don't know Pat for a second, and you posted a thread stating you have Red Bugs.... From an outside observer.... I'm wondering why the heck you didn't dip the corals in the first place, because it's just good practice (especially with the amount or coral you picked up)? However, now that you have them, here would be my exact post. I've posted it many times on another reef site we all know:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry to hear you have Red Bugs, but the good news is that they are totally treatable, and the process is very simple.

Melevsreef.com - Interceptor | Red Bug treatment

I've gone through Red Bugs twice since I have been in the hobby, and after the second time implemented a lengthy dipping process to prevent them from getting in again. It's very similar to the process in the following link.

Melevsreef.com - Avoid Those Pests!

Good luck

Last edited:

Tswifty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no checking account.

Second off what is better then cash in person on any day anytime?

I shouldn't have to beg the guy.

I ask for interceptor he flips all out!

Its not about the red bugs, i tried paying him after the fact he lied!

No matter what he's right im wrong!

If it was the other way around and I was the one selling the stuff u guys would be saying u screwed him.

Its all about who knows who on here and no one knows me.

Its just funny how things work.

Not making excuses....

You want to run that last statement by me one more time?

reefz3ro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There not excuses its the truth. You must be right I guess no one wants cash in person! You speak for everyone. Im done with this childish crap sorry im not in the inner circle and obviously cant come to meetings now or else I'll be whatever's meaner then what Saudi's do.

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There not excuses its the truth. You must be right I guess no one wants cash in person! You speak for everyone. Im done with this childish crap sorry im not in the inner circle and obviously cant come to meetings now or else I'll be whatever's meaner then what Saudi's do.

I have no opinion on the issue at hand - it sucks for both of you and isn't my personal business -

Although -

I wouldn't let anyone's mouth scare you away from meetings. Its all internet ego talk.

Local club meetings should be inviting and safe, regardless of outside issues. Hopefully everyone can come together, hear it out, and you guys settle it amicably.

Other people posting in about how they feel about it, isn't what the feedback forums are for. Its for the seller and buyer to post. There are 2 sides to every story - not 5 or 6 from buddies on either person.
Thats just my personal take - take it for what it is worth.

BTW - I don't know any of these people, so not taking sides with anyone. I'm just thinking this is a little far off base now with all the extra curricular posting.

Last edited:

nicks387

Premium member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Press charges on this dirt bag. Larceny over $250 is a felony. What kind of a man has no checking account? How do you pay your bills? Oh yea, thats right you don't. I don't know you or Pat but it's easy to see who is right. Why should he meet you when he no longer trusts you? I wouldn't meet you either. You can send a check, money order, or cashiers check and you would have the receipt you say you want so bad. You are making excuses because you don't want to pay. Your a deadbeat and you are taking advantage of someones generosity. You cant just say oh, I don't like this anymore and he is making fun of me. I am not gonna pay him anymore. I don't think so. If this was me, you would be in a courtroom telling this pathetic story to a judge. There isn't a judge in the world that would take your side on this. Charge him with larceny over $250 and sue him for $500 plus all reasonable attorneys fees plus any time you need to take off from work to see the case through. By the time the judge is through laughing at this clown he will owe over $1000 dollars.

bluebeltreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe worse case you can just paypal him? sucks to see fellow reefers having problems with each other.

if you are willing to pay and meet up, i wonder why the deal cannot follow through?

anyways good luck and hope everything is good at the end of the day.

reefz3ro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your right this tread is not for a bunch of people to bad mouth me and that is my whole problem with paying him now. Even if i pay him today i will still be the dirt bag and i have a feeling that his buddies will not even give me the time of day now and that is not fair to me. Especially right after i said meet me in person he immediatly posted heads up on reefzero what kind of kindness or generousity is that. So that is my problem if i pay now im still the deadbeat dirtbag that no one can trust so if i have to deal with this why should he get off so easy???

Tswifty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if i pay now im still the deadbeat dirtbag that no one can trust so if i have to deal with this why should he get off so easy???
What do you mean if? The whole problem is that you never paid in the first place. That is why the thread was started. Stop acting like a child and man up to your responsibility. This whole situation goes away, and will more than likely be quickly forgotten once you fix your mistake. It's only going to look worse the longer you drag this out.

Everyone makes mistakes. It says a lot about your character if you are willing to face your mistake (no matter how uncomfortable it may be) in order to make it right. However, it'll say much more if you continue to refuse to admit you made one in the first place.

If you're still having Red Bug issues AFTER you pay Pat, let me know. I always have some extra Interceptor on hand for treating new frags and emergency situations. I would be willing to give you your first dosage free. You'd need to talk to a vet for the follow up dosages.

Last edited:

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no opinion on the issue at hand - it sucks for both of you and isn't my personal business -

Although -

I wouldn't let anyone's mouth scare you away from meetings. Its all internet ego talk.

Local club meetings should be inviting and safe, regardless of outside issues. Hopefully everyone can come together, hear it out, and you guys settle it amicably.

Other people posting in about how they feel about it, isn't what the feedback forums are for. Its for the seller and buyer to post. There are 2 sides to every story - not 5 or 6 from buddies on either person.
Thats just my personal take - take it for what it is worth.

BTW - I don't know any of these people, so not taking sides with anyone. I'm just thinking this is a little far off base now with all the extra curricular posting.

I have been hesitant to post in this thread but as Sikryd has said this is not how feedback forum should be. I will keep this thread open so the 2 parties can talk in public if they so choose. But any more post by outsiders in the manner that have been posted will be deleted and the thread will be closed. I don't know either party or who is to blame but piling on is not helping resolve the situation as it is. So please read all you like but, please do not post unless your name is Buck50bmg or Reefz3ro.

Thank you.

OP
OP
buck50bmg

buck50bmg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First I never said anything about a 9mm. In the middle east they cut your hand off if you steal.

Second, The one attempt and only attempt you made to pay me was during a time when I was starting a new job and working tons of hours to get up to speed, not to mention all of the security around where I work and the G20 that is coming up, I dont want you anywhere near me to be associated with me. To be honest, Im not the kind of guy you want to be around if you wronged me. And my new employer doesn't need to see me in a position where I might get upset, when its not work related.

I gave you my address several times, asking for payment for what you owe me.

I have given you more than enough time.

I have sent several PM's and texts and have called you.

I have spoke with an attorney and he told me to give you one last chance.

I also recorded our last phone conversation as I told you I was.

All is in my favor. And given the chain of events, I have the right to collect alot more than what you owe me.

If I do take this futher, you will be looking at a felony, might be jail, but will mean probation and more.

I dont want to ruin your life over what you owe me.

By the way, name calling isnt illeagal.

I await your reply.

aerius007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buck, I would definately print out this thread and keep it on hand. This statement below would be all you really need to prove your case.

Your right this tread is not for a bunch of people to bad mouth me and that is my whole problem with paying him now.

OP
OP
buck50bmg

buck50bmg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for all of your help guys!

Mod: Can you please lock this thread until I get this resolved and I will PM you with the outcome, so the thread can be finished.

Thank You
Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back