• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Stay away from reefz3ro

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buck50bmg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really wanted to take my tank down asap. He came over and we agreed to a price. I helped him load all of the coral and put up with his kid tormenting my cat. I was nothing but nice.

He told me he would pay within 2 weeks. Its been almost a month.

Soon after he bashed me and my corals, saying there were redbugs. While Im not denying this, it was not a problem in my tank, my corals thrived and had great colors (just ask anyone from Pittsburgh) redbugs are not the problem everyone makes them out to be, its more than likey lack of knowelge that kills more corals than redbugs.

So this Monday, I asked him to pay me or I would file a complaint with his local police department. He wanted to meet, but I have to work so that isnt going to happen. I asked him to send the payment and included my address. Since this PM I have not heard from him. I called the local police in his area and they told me to give him another week before the complaint will be filed.

Stay away from anyone you dont know in the reefing world. And dont be a nice guy to anyone!!!

AHDOnline

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I use to trust people. Now its trust no one.

No cash now? sorry... come back later

raynist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Pat,

do you have any pm's or emails from him agreeing on price? I had a seller on rc try to screw me by not sending what I paid for, filed a complaint with his local pd and the goods showed up right away. Good luck!!

I will pick up the zeo stuff this week if you still have it.

AlexStinson

Plankton
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate that happened... but one thing we learned in the store is always get the money upfront. We fronted someone a good portion of a tank, and he was to make payments every week. 4 months later we've gotten less than a handful of payments and a bunch of excuses, so now we are threatening to repo the setup.

racerw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This stinks, I hope you get it all worked out.

Tswifty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so sorry to hear that Pat. It seems like you always try to help people out, and that's terrible someone took advantage of that. Those corals were amazing. Hopefully you can get it worked out. Good luck.

OP
OP
buck50bmg

buck50bmg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone you want to sell to is named Dan and has a little boy and a girlfriend, thats him. Stay away!!

OP
OP
buck50bmg

buck50bmg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on this "guy"

I just called him. Said because I "made" him look bad on this site, he is not going to give me the money he owes me.

I didnt "make him look like anything, he did it to himself. But thats the way the youth of this Country are.....the eternal victim. Heck I could have swore I was the one that got stiffed......guess Im the bad guy for telling all of you the truth about this guy.

I had a beautiful SPS tank with very nice corals, worth alot of money, so much for that huh?

Stay away from him.

aerius007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That kind of stuff makes me really angry, especially his juvenile response of not paying because you made him look bad.

Whatever guy, your own actions make you look bad. Be a man, not a child, and pay buck his money.

I

inactive

View Badges
Sue him, plain and simple. Assuming you have stuff to back up your claim it should be pretty straight.

raynist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pat, go after this guy. File a police report or whatever you need to do, don't let this stand.

OP
OP
buck50bmg

buck50bmg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate dealing with the government, whether local or federal.

I like to handle this the old fashion way.

But I would be the one in the wrong these days....what the heck happened to this Country?

reefz3ro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off there are two sides to every story. You guys want all the details and proof I can show you. Just shoot me a pm. But im the bad guy, so guys stay away from me! Raynist by the way I bought stuff off of you already and we never had a problem. But now people are threatening me with 9mm's???

AlexStinson

Plankton
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see one side that posts everything they have to say... the other wants it all hidden in pm's? It seems like this would be easy to resolve...

Lesson #1 of selling ... always get money at or before delivery of the goods or else you have to fight for it. And of course there is ALWAYS a good excuse when they don't pay.

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^^^ +1

I'm a big fan of laying it out on the table.

I also except all forms of payment, as long as its cash ;)

Acroholic

There is no substitute.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd follow thru with the police report and small claims court, if the police report doesn't get any results.

reefz3ro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its funny that for the first three weeks i tried paying him cash in person but he would not give me a time and place. he wanted the money some other way i guess thats why he is bashing me on this site but he isnt telling you that

reefz3ro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Originally Posted by reefz3ro
I just wanted to let u know that there are red bugs on several of the corals, Im pretty upset by this. Now im affecting my whole tank, im doing research and its saying its not easy to get rid of these bugs. Im believeing this is the reason that you tore down ur tank, u didn't want to deal with it.

Buck50bmg responded:
I think you need to calm down. I didnt get rid of over $12,000.00 of my hobby because of red bugs. Everyone who has SPS in the amount that I did has red bugs. If the red bugs were harmful, do you think my corals would have grown and be as colorful as they were. Ask anyone on the boards about my corals and they have always been happy with them.

You really ticked me off. DO yourself a favor and thank me that I sold you the corals at such a good price.

By the way where is my money? Do I have to get the police involved?

You ungrateful point of sale!!!!!

Im giving you 1 week to send me the $500.00 you owe me, after that I will file a complaint with your local police.

Quote:
Hey let me know when u get the interceptor as I found some bugs, when u get it let me know and I will bring u some cash whenever is a good time for u.

buck50bmg wrote:
Read the latest PM

For one I never said I wasn't going to pay u. I asked u if u had taken care of the red bugs. No need to get vulgar. You also told me u would get the interceptor. You would be upset too. I have expensive corals myself. I mean the bugs are going to eat everything u just sold me so its not that sweet of a deal to have eaten coral. What happend to monthly payments are u scared the corals are all going to eaten before I finsh paying u? THeres no reason to get all excited and call me names.

Buck50mg Responded:
I have had the dang bugs for years, and NO they dont eat anything but excess slime off the corals.

Morons like you keep the myths going out there. If you did some real research you would find that redbugs are in every ocean in the world.

I did dip all of the corals in the frag tank.

If your going to be this way then f' you. I want my god dang money. Heck I gave you have a bucket of salt.

I should have known better than sell to you, I had a uneasy feeling from the start.

I feel sorry for anyone who does business with you.

Ok why all the sudden r u looking to buy interceptor if they only eat acess slime?

Buck50bmg responded:
I wanted it just in case. But the iodine dip seemed to do the trick.

I will get in touch with the guy that has the interceptor and put him in contact with you.

Original quote reefz3ro
I apologize for making u so upset. I would like to still pay u. let me know when and where will work for you ?

-------A couple weeks go by I hear nothing...even after I apologized for really just asking him to help me get the interceptor that he promised. That he lied about having red bug in the first place even when I asked him. He never apologized back after he posted an ignorant post about me that got removed off here. Then after the 4 times of writing him, and yes he logged on here everytime! He just didnt respond. Then he says send me a money order. I replied: Originally Posted by reefz3ro
I would rather just give you cash in person today.

Buck50bmg writes:
Other option is meeting me at the convention center tomorrow. May have to leave it with the guard sine the secret service is here and its hard to get back inside the secure area.

------Ok so Im not going to leave money with no one i don't trust. The whole reason y i wanted to meet him in person is so i can get a written receipt with his signature after paying. He just didn't want to do it. So after him threatening me and posting all kinds of bad stuff on here bringing my 2yr old son into it, and to top it off no one is going to want to do business with me. I did everything but mail it. Again I wanted a written receipt stating paid in full!

Last edited by a moderator:

reefz3ro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know private messages are meant to be private but i'm trying to not look like a bad guy. When i tried paying him cash. So now if i pay him the money life is great for him. But how many people are still going to hate me and not want to do business with me?? After not even mentioning people threatening me with guns on here and i better watch out if I show up at a meeting. Thats worth more then the money I so owe him, because thats something u can't take back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back