OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 thing off the list. Also got some more things moved out of the fish barn. Almost there in it. Once the macro and rocks move out of the old nem tank, just drain it and then put in the garage. Tear down wood stands and it is done.

Sump is clean and ready to have the rocks/macro moved over. Gonna let the tank mix and settle for a bit, as was about 54 gallons of water swapped out. Alk and all of that was the same, but better to let it mix for a bit. One thing at a time lol.

time for a sammich and then back to it.

2C94974F-0F35-4ECF-B3F5-822220BE14BF.jpeg

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And some macros.

Ulva, fern caulerpa, codium and a little graciliria. There is a ball of cheato behind the rocks, as well.

also included are some pulsing xenia, misc zoas, gsp on top of the rocks, tons of nps nems, tunicates, a gorg, and some disco shrooms.

42FE218B-61E1-4581-A544-D25D3B4200F7.jpeg

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the urchin not mubch on the macros?
Not really. There are 2. They eat more gha, coralline and film algae than anything else. Between them and the dove snails, macro stays pretty clean.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Temp light setup for sump done.

Gro over the cheato and an old bb light over the rest. Set on reverse 12 hour cycle. Should hold everything done tonight. Tomorrow will be swapping the lights above the dt and then going to use the 3x hydra 32 over the sump lol. Expensive sump lighting for sure, but it’s either that or throw them in a closet. I am hoarder and don’t get rid of things lol.

F43FA38B-C7B7-490F-9C3F-754B0B63117F.jpeg

72728313-F8B1-4105-A369-A7DCD58A9FB3.jpeg

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think you could have used any more zip ties?
Nope. 6 was enough lol. Have no idea where the heck the wire hangars are and already had a hook under there for the other light that was under the stand. Have over 500k zip ties (not kidding) so was best option lol.

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope. That is the little one we took forever to get an ID and then I forgot what it was lol.

Just cause. Here is my "Slippery Dick"!!!!!!!!!

IMG_7681.JPG
How does this guy behave? Thinking of getting one for my 180 gallon I'm working on and want to mix it with a few other wrasses. One of my LFS has 2 of them currently about 4" long for an amazing price, and has had them around 3 months now. Just the 2 in a 20 gallon tall, and I keep being tempted to go get them.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does this guy behave? Thinking of getting one for my 180 gallon I'm working on and want to mix it with a few other wrasses. One of my LFS has 2 of them currently about 4" long for an amazing price, and has had them around 3 months now. Just the 2 in a 20 gallon tall, and I keep being tempted to go get them.
I have had no issues, outside of it eating a hermit or 2. Only time it seems to do this is when a hermit falls off a rock and while trying to right itself. So far, it has not actively hunted a thing. The cleaner shrimp are still there and the candy cane pistol is still moving sand. Granted, my yellow watchman is 3 1/2” and very protective of the shrimp lol.

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had no issues, outside of it eating a hermit or 2. Only time it seems to do this is when a hermit falls off a rock and while trying to right itself. So far, it has not actively hunted a thing. The cleaner shrimp are still there and the candy cane pistol is still moving sand. Granted, my yellow watchman is 3 1/2” and very protective of the shrimp lol.
Great! My 180 will have no inverts, since my broomtail will smash and devour all of them, was more worried about behaviour around other fish. But yours seems to be doing fine even with the fairies?

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great! My 180 will have no inverts, since my broomtail will smash and devour all of them, was more worried about behaviour around other fish. But yours seems to be doing fine even with the fairies?
Yup. It could care less about them. But just remember, one fish can good and another bad. Mine was taken directly from the sea with me collecting it, qt’d, then added to macro tank with a blackear to get used to the light schedule and then moved to a fully stocked 180.

also, these guys do have some nasty teeth. If one ever decided it didn’t like something, it could do some damage.

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had a thought that may even be better, as I know the suspension wire hardware fits.

Tig weld the bolts to the hardware and then just do it that way. That may be what I do, as it is just 4 small welds and done lol.

Then again, may just try the bolts first, so the hanging hardware is still there and not modified if I need it in the future.
T told me to come read and see what I think. My first thought was a toilet bowl screw but I'm pretty sure u can't find that in titanium or stainless. I know u can get a kit for a couple bucks from the depot. Think id definitely go with a bolt so I wouldn't have to worry about a weld.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T told me to come read and see what I think. My first thought was a toilet bowl screw but I'm pretty sure u can't find that in titanium or stainless. I know u can get a kit for a couple bucks from the depot. Think id definitely go with a bolt so I wouldn't have to worry about a weld.
Weld don’t worry me, as I have welded a lot lol.

I went with bolts ground down via the belt sander. They are 5” long, so will allow the fixture to hang down at the correct height, leave an air gap and space for me to mount the kessils in the fixture.

some point in time today (maybe this evening to avoid having no light for an hour or so) it will get swapped out.

plan for now is to finish my pot o coffee and then build a “rack” for the 3 hydra 32s to go over the fuge lol.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In all of the mess of things to do, I forgot one thing. The ATO for the bc32 lol. Salinity was only at 1.025, so nothing major. Just heard the “waterfall” sound and was like what the heck lol.

Diy one via float switches (one upside down and one right side up to provide redundancy) inside of 2 end caps and very short piece of pvc to hood them together and then into a 12v dc relay to control the 120v pump is all installed. Pvc end cap housing has holes drilled in the top and bottom, but is there to prevent snails from messing it up. It is affixed via a plastic clamp to the return pipe.

Will clean the wires up later lol.

21B4BF8F-AAF6-4539-8D6A-C9C8189DEB5C.jpeg

8451E72B-E2B7-4567-9205-BFFDDB9321CB.jpeg

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In all of the mess of things to do, I forgot one thing. The ATO for the bc32 lol. Salinity was only at 1.025, so nothing major. Just heard the “waterfall” sound and was like what the heck lol.

Diy one via float switches (one upside down and one right side up to provide redundancy) inside of 2 end caps and very short piece of pvc to hood them together and then into a 12v dc relay to control the 120v pump is all installed. Pvc end cap housing has holes drilled in the top and bottom, but is there to prevent snails from messing it up. It is affixed via a plastic clamp to the return pipe.

Will clean the wires up later lol.

21B4BF8F-AAF6-4539-8D6A-C9C8189DEB5C.jpeg

8451E72B-E2B7-4567-9205-BFFDDB9321CB.jpeg
I don't even need an ATO on my bc32 with stock hood. It hardly evaporates at all.

Back