Steve's 180 of Madness

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can't even set up a home router....
Now if you said modem, I could believe that. Router is pretty plug in play. Unless you want to set up parental controls and passwords. That's another story.

I guess this could happen as well.
Season 5 Wires GIF by ABC Network

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
wait?!?!? Aren't they the same thing?
Nope. Modem is used by the isp. Modems have extra ports to route the internet to other computers. Most can now be done via bluetooth/wifi. Router just connects to modem to add direction to computers.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope. Modem is used by the isp. Modems have extra ports to route the internet to other computers. Most can now be done via bluetooth/wifi. Router just connects to modem to add direction to computers.
Or as most providers do now, it is an all in one box and the switching/routing is done internally.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or as most providers do now, it is an all in one box and the switching/routing is done internally.
ok.. this is why I was thinking that!... Neither of you mention my comment to my husband.... HAHAHA, I will NEVER hear the end of it. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The real security issues are the guys who think the won the lottery and sign up giving out their work information and passwords.
I have been able to afford a lot of corals from those guys lol.

No, I did not scam them, but network testing and spam testing has allowed me to generate spoof emails, send them out for companies and test the way their IT dept has things setup. Due to idiots like that, it has allowed me to sell so many things lol. Sadly, most of that stuff can be prevented, even without the idiots not replying. Just comes down to whitelisting, keyword blocking and alerts in emails.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have been able to afford a lot of corals from those guys lol.

No, I did not scam them, but network testing and spam testing has allowed me to generate spoof emails, send them out for companies and test the way their IT dept has things setup. Due to idiots like that, it has allowed me to sell so many things lol. Sadly, most of that stuff can be prevented, even without the idiots not replying. Just comes down to whitelisting, keyword blocking and alerts in emails.
There's plenty of fixes my husband's boss applies for. The queen karren says no. Don't get me on that road.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's plenty of fixes my husband's boss applies for. The queen karren says no. Don't get me on that road.
She will not say no when there is a data breach or ransomeware that makes it through.. Too late at that point though lol.

I have seen C level people lose a cushy job for a no they said in regards to network security. And it was not even that bad of a breach. They were just able to jam up a few things and that is it, but someone lost their job.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
She will not say no when there is a data breach or ransomeware that makes it through.. Too late at that point though lol.

I have seen C level people lose a cushy job for a no they said in regards to network security. And it was not even that bad of a breach. They were just able to jam up a few things and that is it, but someone lost their job.
My husband and his boss had to shut a few things down because an employee gave out a password.

Now his boss was given a certain amount to spend to upgrade things. Apparently, he's not allowed to spend it. So, karren has her rear end covered for when this happens. But, she's too dumb to know he keeps his emails of her saying "no, you can't buy that."

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My husband and his boss had to shut a few things down because an employee gave out a password.

Now his boss was given a certain amount to spend to upgrade things. Apparently, he's not allowed to spend it. So, karren has her rear end covered for when this happens. But, she's too dumb to know he keeps his emails of her saying "no, you can't buy that."
.pst file ftw!!!!

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guy isnt dumb. Hes the go to when no one else has an answer. Now hopefully karren never sees my posts. You never know.
Nah, my first line in the first post would steer her away from this thread lol. "It tells her to do something if she doesnt agree with it" that would be an instant

Animation Tighten GIF by Reuben Armstrong

that guy and his tanks lol.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back