OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does have center braces, which is why I wanted the hydras. I have a ton of rock to work with I may just try and get the aquascape perfect for the hydras.
Another trick is you do not want the rock middle of the tank is to just mount the lights further back if doing a rock wall on back glass or angle them to face back towards it a little when mounting.

I have tons of fish and needed hiding spots, so beneath the macro field are a ton of rocks just put there to provide hiding spaces for them.

deerhunter06

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another trick is you do not want the rock middle of the tank is to just mount the lights further back if doing a rock wall on back glass or angle them to face back towards it a little when mounting.

I have tons of fish and needed hiding spots, so beneath the macro field are a ton of rocks just put there to provide hiding spaces for them.
Well it’s a peninsula tank so I’m gonna have to play around with it.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it’s a peninsula tank so I’m gonna have to play around with it.
That is actually better lol. Do not have to worry about 2 corner overflows and a centerline rock structure is preferred for those.

If you do a build thread, be sure to tag me in it, as would love to see it come together.

deerhunter06

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is actually better lol. Do not have to worry about 2 corner overflows and a centerline rock structure is preferred for those.

If you do a build thread, be sure to tag me in it, as would love to see it come together.
Will do, thanks for all the advice and information.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are not enough. There is more in there.

6x 360we
5x reef breeders photo v1s
lord knows how many black boxes that work or half work,
some older primes
some more 32s
couple of older radions that need repair
and probably a few more I am forgetting about.

It is an "Instant Tanning" room. Heck with that spray on tan stuff.
If you really wanted real tanning room you’d have some MHs sans the protective glass on them. Speaking of which, do you have any old MH equipment?

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you really wanted real tanning you’d have some MHs sans the protective glass on them. Speaking of which, do you have any old MH equipment?
I do, but it is put up in boxes int he garage loft. I think I have stuff from 150w all the way up to 1000w. From fixtures, to ballasts, to bulbs.

The thought has crossed my mind to go back to MH......

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do, but it is put up in boxes int he garage loft. I think I have stuff from 150w all the way up to 1000w. From fixtures, to ballasts, to bulbs.

If/when I set up a new system I am heavily leaning this way.

Edit - I’d love to see what you have in your garage loft.

Double edit - let the sophomoric comments and memes commence on my first edit!

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Put it this way, I have been reefing since I was born. Literally, my dad had an SW tank in 1964. It pulled water from the beach and drained back into the beach. It was crude and flooded the house a few times a year, but we kept things alive and it worked lol. That tank stayed up until 1981 and then he moved off the beach and setup a another tank. It used SW from the area, but he had to bring it home. I have most all of his stuff and all of the stuff I have used over the years.

At one point, I have a storage unit that was only SW equipment in it for 3 years while I was deployed. If it is fixable or works, I still have it lol.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put it this way, I have been reefing since I was born. Literally, my dad had an SW tank in 1964. It pulled water from the beach and drained back into the beach. It was crude and flooded the house a few times a year, but we kept things alive and it worked lol. That tank stayed up until 1981 and then he moved off the beach and setup a another tank. It used SW from the area, but he had to bring it home. I have most all of his stuff and all of the stuff I have used over the years.

At one point, I have a storage unit that was only SW equipment in it for 3 years while I was deployed. If it is fixable or works, I still have it lol.
Some would say I am a hoarder, but hoarders do not label the totes stuff is in, update the list on the tote if something is added/removed and properly store all items out of the way. So, I say I am a collector......

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This, more than likely, will be the best post I read on the forum today. I absolutely love this kind of thing! (BTW - sounds like we are very close in age which I think we may have discussed before but I cannot be certain because of, well, age!)

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Steve thx for tagging me to help him. Wrote him a few things and asked him for a video of the wrasse swimming. Hopefully the fish is fine and I helped lol. Any fts?

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This, more than likely, will be the best post I read on the forum today. I absolutely love this kind of thing! (BTW - sounds like we are very close in age which I think we may have discussed before but I cannot be certain because of, well, age!)
I am a little younger. Everyone just calls me grandpa, as I act like I am 70 and my bones are probably there also. Well what bones I have left that are not titanium lol.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some would say I am a hoarder, but hoarders do not label the totes stuff is in, update the list on the tote if something is added/removed and properly store all items out of the way. So, I say I am a collector......
Completely agree and I’m surprised you’ve never bothered to make a spreadsheet. I had a spreadsheet, with multiple tabs of course, for all the “stuff” I had bought, made or stolen through the years. Unfortunately, all that stuff and computer the spreadsheet disappeared when I went through my 125 lb weight loss.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Steve thx for tagging me to help him. Wrote him a few things and asked him for a video of the wrasse swimming. Hopefully the fish is fine and I helped lol. Any fts?
This is the most current from 01/07/2023

Will snag a fresh one when lights ramp up and my phone doesn't need a filter.

IMG_8283 4.JPG

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Completely agree and I’m surprised you’ve never bothered to make a spreadsheet. I had a spreadsheet, with multiple tabs of course, for all the “stuff” I had bought, made or stolen through the years. Unfortunately, all that stuff and computer the spreadsheet disappeared when I went through my 125 lb weight loss.
I do have an excel workbook with all items noted, location of said items, and status of said item lol. It is saved to my phone, tablets, in the cloud and I even have a printed copy that sits in my "notes" book.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have an excel workbook with all items noted, location of said items, and status of said item lol. It is saved to my phone, tablets, in the cloud and I even have a printed copy that sits in my "notes" book.
My weight loss was well before any cloud. Otherwise, I would have had everything backed up to it as I do now.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, one more thing, if you ever have the itch or inkling to separate with any of your MH equipment please contact me FIRST! ;)

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, one more thing, if you ever have the itch or inkling to separate with any of your MH equipment please contact me FIRST! ;)
Any reason you wouldn't want to go with newer MH equipment? Is it one of those things that were built like tanks before and lacks quality now?

My local hydro shop has dozens of different styles. I don't know mh from add.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 106 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.6%
Back