Steves LEDs - light bar format

slojim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm intrigued by Steve's leds booster bar as a supplement set near the front of my tank. It looks like a piece of his sps light kit which comes in 2 or 3 light bars. But I can't find much in the way of reviews outside of his biocube upgrade kit or diy parts Anybody have some experience with them?

More detail for those who are interested. I have a 110, 48x18wx30t, with an 8" center glass brace. I have a lot of rock, pretty much the wall of rock. I have cheap amazon lights i bought in a hurry just to get the tank up and running, and spent more on a few other items that seemed more urgent to get right at the start. I'm keeping a few soft corals that came as hitchhikers and fish I'll be stocking more over time I'm going to add more light, not sure what The booster bar buys me time, and I think I can later upgrade it with 2 more bars, or use it with a pair of rectangular lights that sit back behind my hood hinge. I'll probably have to hack my hood, so I want to get it right i am interested in reliability. i might like to grow a clam on the sandbed. I have found great people in every country i visited in the service, but I make my living in an American factory, so I do like to support American manufacturing where it is a reasonable option.
I've been also considering reefi and AI. I've seen ai in person and love it. Reefi gets consistently glowing reviews. Both are engineered, assembled, and supported in the US.

Vwluv10338

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently setting up a 110 as well. I’m pretty sure his light bars are just multiple of their 14 led chip. I have one I designed for a 29 gallon running their drivers with a mostly white and then blue channel.
Pretty sure I’m going with Reefi lights on my 110. I don’t think Steves has any reflectors on their lights and I feel like with the 30” depth I need that.

OP
OP
S

slojim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A member named @KeyloBeatz has some pics of his 110 lit with 2 AI 32's. He is happy with the performance. Just a data point for you. Thanks for the input.
My lights now really are just meant for a fish tank, like a standard 55. 2 fixtures each have 60 1watt leds. Probably equivalent to a 4 tube fluorescent. I get slow sporadic growth in upper section coraline grows slowly at all depths

Back