Still at a loss.....

ScooterV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up with velvet after allowing a new regal angel through QT too soon. It was obvious velvet, textbook case, and lost many fish quickly. I managed to get the few survivors out and started a fallow period. (If recalling past posts this is different than the last regal angel I lost while still in QT).

I am certain I somehow cross contaminated the DT again, or assuming it to likely be my own stupidity. I first lost a kole tang. I never could get a picture, but the fins had "patches" and the best I could describe them. I saw the same before realizing I had velvet the first time. We lost the kole before it showed any "spots", be it velvet or ich though. Three royal grammas, were flashing. Banded sleeper goby, blue spot watchman, and a firefish have showed no issues at all. Our Foxface, a survivor of the prior velvet issue just seemed "discolored". Other than that kole we have lost nothing. I thought I saw some spots on the foxface one day, which based on size looked more like ich, but he shed his slim coat and haven't seen any since. I saw ONE single spot on a gramma once, then it was gone. I'm not sure if either/both could have just been sand.

Since then, the foxface just seems to look dirty and sheds his slim coat often. The two gobies seem perfectly fine. The three royal grammas still flash VERY rarely, but if watching for a couple hours can catch one doing it. However, the grammas look dusted. Not fine specks like velvet, but patches where they just look white. I can't get a dang picture of them to save my life!! I have been talking to Humblefish here and there by PM anyway, but I know he's busy so taking this next step back to here :) I got two black mollies, and after only three days in my sump they look like the royal grammas, only worse. What is this???? Oh, and I apologize for the debris floating around in there, makes it hard to tell what's on the fish.

IMG_0148.JPG

(The large spot before the tail and the one in front of the eye are on the glass)

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look up Brooklynella and see if that looks like what you're seeing.

OP
OP
S

ScooterV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, I kept mentioning to my wife it sort of looks like the beginning of brook, but it comes and goes instead of progressing and only a single fish loss. I know any fish can "get" brook, but are those less likely to get it also more likely to just show signs and fight it off? I kept thinking I was crazy and discounting it. While on day one or two I assumed velvet was back it never developed into looking like that either, so was at a loss.

Fallow period regardless :( I don't mind going fallow, but no idea how I will catch 3 royal grammas, lol. Majority of rock is mounted on pvc and cemented together :( Fingers crossed!!! Thanks!!

Back