Stock help!

creeko

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 3, 2024
Messages
13
Reaction score
2
Location
UK
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I have recently purchased a 125L tank, dimensions 81cm x 36cm x 50cm for a reef aquarium. I was wondering what stock would be my options? What are the can haves and can’t haves?

I would absolutely love a butterfly but I understand that I probably don’t have the space. I’d also love a box fish but I understand they most likely can’t be with crustaceans such as white spotted hermits, cleaner shrimp and blood shrimp which I want as clean up crew.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks
 
You would be able to fit 5 or 6 small fish in that tank. No butterfly's, no box fish, no angels, no tangs, no puffers.... Good choices for this size tank would be clown fish, cardinals, basslets, gobies, and blennies, these are the basic groups of 'nano fishes'. They come in all sorts of colors and characteristics, part of the fun is online window shopping for that perfect fish.

A very typical mix of peaceful fish for that tank would be something like:
2 clowns
1 royal gramma
1 banggai cardinal
1 tail spot blenny
1 yellow watchman paired with a pistol shrimp
This is an example of a basic 33 gallon stocking, along with a mix of inverts.

Good luck
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new