Stock list for 230 gallon

Reefn34

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 7, 2019
Messages
45
Reaction score
16
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my potential stock list for a 230 gallon reef build. These are just fish that I want, so any input is appreciated and I will decide from there. It might be overstocked, but I cannot decide which to take out with input. Thanks!!

1 x lyretail anthias male
4 x lyretail anthias female
2 x clownfish
1 x starry blenny
4 x bangaii cardinal
1 x flame hawkfish
1 x one spot foxface
1 x carpenter wrasse
1 x spotted fairy wrasse
1 x orange back fairy wrasse
1 x blue throat triggerfish
1 x blue hippo tang
1 x naso tang
1 x powder blue tang
1 x yellow eye kole tang
1 x bristletooth tang
 
Honestly your list might be fine as is. I have a 4ft 90 gallon with 3 tangs and 12 fish total. You’re looking at a tank almost 3 times the size of mine, I assume a 6-7ft tank with 23 fish if I counted correctly. Seems reasonable.

only consideration I’d say is tang aggression. You have a few tangs of the same shape, they may fight. Friend of mine tried a powder blue and powder brown together in a 200 gallon and it never worked. Tried all the acclimation and mirrors and boxes, they fought constantly.

if you had to remove some, I’d get rid of the cardinals. personal preference, but since they don’t really swim around it’s not as interesting as the others.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new