Stocking 45 gallon tank

Ebpman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is currently in its 3rd week of cycling and I am coming up with a stocking list

Fish I want
Valentini Puffer
Six Line wrasse
Falco Hawkfish

Is my tank suitable for these fish? Will they get along?

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see anything wrong with it so far. Just be sure to have a lid for the Wrasse and know that the puffer is prone to eat coral and inverts. The falco will eat shrimp as well. You might also want to think about and less aggressive fish you may want because the Wrasse and the Hawkfish can be aggressive to newcomers (if there are some that you may want, you will need to add them first).

OP
OP
Ebpman

Ebpman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see anything wrong with it so far. Just be sure to have a lid for the Wrasse and know that the puffer is prone to eat coral and inverts. The falco will eat shrimp as well. You might also want to think about and less aggressive fish you may want because the Wrasse and the Hawkfish can be aggressive to newcomers (if there are some that you may want, you will need to add them first).
Would Yellowtail Damselfish be a bad addition to my tank?

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the fish you are purposing are aggressive in their own right, I like it. So don't be surprised if you get a little angst. Make sure they are all of similar size, I would add the puffer and hawkfish together 1st, then the sixline and damsel together. It may or may not work, just be prepared to step in. Some aggression will be expected as each will establish their place, just make sure it does not accelerate to a dangerous level. Setting up the tank with an abundance of caves and hiding spots with open and separated rock structures will help.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back