Stocking - At My Limit?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kmwcane
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kmwcane

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 14, 2020
Messages
253
Reaction score
309
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I was looking for some thoughts on if I have already hit my limit on fish that can be housed in my aquarium; the aquarium measures roughly 72"x 27"x 35". The current inhabitants are as follows:
  • 2 da Vinci clownfish (Amphiprion ocellaris)
  • 3 dispar anthias (Pseudanthias dispar)
  • 1 yellow tang (Zebrasoma flavescens)
  • 1 whitetail bristle tooth tang (Ctenochaetus flavicauda)
  • 2 watanabei angelfish (male and female)
  • 1 crescent tail fairy wrasse (Cirrhilabrus lunatus)
  • 1 orange back fairy wrasse (Cirrhilabrus aurantidorsalis)
  • 1 striped blenny (Meiacanthus grammistes)
  • 2 pyramid butterflyfish (Hemitaurichthys polylepis)
I would like to add a gem tang, a yellow coris wrasse and possibly a flasher wrasse but I do not want to overstock my tank. Thoughts?
 
I say go for it, although your Yellow Tang may not be happy with a Gem Tang.
 
I think you can add all of those, BUT adding a new tang to established tangs can be a mess.

You can also add quite a few nano fish - blennies (1 maybe 2), gobies, cardinals, and so on. Small fish with low tank impact can add quite a bit of interest without really adding much to the load that tank has.
 
I say go for it, although your Yellow Tang may not be happy with a Gem Tang.

I think you can add all of those, BUT adding a new tang to established tangs can be a mess.

You can also add quite a few nano fish - blennies (1 maybe 2), gobies, cardinals, and so on. Small fish with low tank impact can add quite a bit of interest without really adding much to the load that tank has.

Regarding the existing yellow tang: it is only about 2 inches in size at this time - is its small size something that will make a difference if I add another Zebrosoma tang? Would it be an easier situation if I add an Acanthurus tang?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new