Stocking List for a 72 Gallon Reef

JohnA26

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I had the unfortunate experience with a Velvet breakout and am sitting fallow for another 2 months. I had a tomini tang, coral beauty, clown, mandarin, PJ cardinals, yellow Coris wrasse, Royal gramma, and so on. We love colorful fish and activity around the tank. I also always think to have some "worker" is a great benefit. I had a discussion with a friend who opened my thoughts to an idea of focusing on smaller fish (no tang) might make having an under 100 gallon tank seem bigger and the beautiful display of corals more prominent.

I have a rolling stocking list for when I and the tank are ready to add to again. (presently what I saved from the velvet was the yellow Coris and 2 PJ cardinals, but the cardinals still (six weeks later) aren't looking their best) Any thoughts and or suggestions would be great. Also, the order is something I have in my favor at this point. Please let me know if you have thoughts and suggestions as I plan this next chapter.

Pink Streaked/cryptic sixline wrasse. (If I can find)
Diamond goby
Green mandarin or red scooter dragonete
Carpenter's flasher wrasse (male)
Whipfin fairy or Linespot blue flasher (male)
Flame angel
Pair of clowns, maybe 1 orange and one black (wife's choice)
Also this is the order I am assuming is best.

bloodangelmaniac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My man you got quite good taste. Your making me want to start up my old 90 gallon and get my saltwater tank going again!
Im in desperate need of a glass lid for the aqueon 72 bow. Does anybody
know where to get them. google says petswarehouse.com has them in stock dont know if anybody order from them before? hold on tight when cleaning them son of a gun slipped right out of my hand bam in pieces on the floor :(

much appreciated
-Eddie

OP
OP
JohnA26

JohnA26

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My man you got quite good taste. Your making me want to start up my old 90 gallon and get my saltwater tank going again!
Im in desperate need of a glass lid for the aqueon 72 bow. Does anybody
know where to get them. google says petswarehouse.com has them in stock dont know if anybody order from them before? hold on tight when cleaning them son of a gun slipped right out of my hand bam in pieces on the floor :(

much appreciated
-Eddie
Great question about the 72 bow front lid. Mine doesn’t fit right and I am piecing together mesh and plexiglass. Not happy, if you find one let me know.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back