Stocking my 120

ckuhny3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So going from a 60 gallon to a 120. 2’x2’x4’ .
Current stock is

clown pair
Diamond goby
Falco hawkfish
Coral beauty

I’d love to add a tang or 2 and some wrasses. Are there any cool Angels that would get along with a coral beauty? Any recommendations for my size tank ? So many of you have such beautiful fish I want to have some show pieces!

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have i have same tank only width is 18" i have
Goldflake angel
Powder blue tang
Purple tang
Lemonpeel angel
midas blenny
poor mans candy basslet (still pretty expensive at £150)
silver belly banana wrasse

my goldflake is very peaceful the lemonpeel not so much and harassed the hell out of the goldflake

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probs would not add a powder blue though i was lucky it does not seed stressed at all in my tank being a smaller tank than recommended for these fish + it seems as though it has stopped growing at 5 inches

OP
OP
ckuhny3

ckuhny3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probs would not add a powder blue though i was lucky it does not seed stressed at all in my tank being a smaller tank than recommended for these fish + it seems as though it has stopped growing at 5 inches
Wow the gold flake angels are beautiful! Might be aggressive with my coral beauty though idk I’d have to research.

How does the purple tang do ? That may be a winner since it seems impossible to get a yellow tang .

I wish I could afford a candy basslet lol!

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow the gold flake angels are beautiful! Might be aggressive with my coral beauty though idk I’d have to research.

How does the purple tang do ? That may be a winner since it seems impossible to get a yellow tang .

I wish I could afford a candy basslet lol!
Purple tang can be jerks but mine is fine now harassed my powder blue when i 1st added but its too be expected my goldflake is very peaceful does not bother anyone your coral beauty would likely harass the goldflake for awhile

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 species of angel I adore, both fit into a 4’x2’x2’ tank long term.
The first on the list is the least expensive one (both are pricey but I tend to go all out with my display fish).
Number one is a Genicanthus melanospilos. There are several Genicanthus species that look nice, just two others are G. caudivottatus and G. semifasciatus. Yes, those two are close to G. melanospilos in looks however the reason G. melanospilos takes the cake is because as females they look like the Semifasciatus and as males they look like the Caudovittatus.
Here’s one of the last photos I got of mine before she passed. Now, I will say I have a thought I had a hybrid and not a true Melanospilos so do keep that in mind.
204FE995-CAB1-4529-A064-81209C634B78.jpeg

And my second Angel I have had that isn’t a ‘dwarf’ is my current Pygoplites diacanthus. I cant say which subspecies it is however I believe it’s a Flavescens from the Indian Ocean and not the Red Sea. This is my most expensive fish so far but I can tell you now, even only having her for a couple weeks it was work everything!
AEE87C84-2E43-4615-918D-AF608C830BEA.jpeg

Last edited:

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 species of angel I adore, both fit into a 4’x2’x2’ tank long term.
The first on the list is the least expensive one (both are pricey but I tend to go all out with my display fish).
Number one is a Genicanthus melanospilos. There are several Genicanthus species that look nice, just two others are G. caudivottatus and G. semifasciatus. Yes, those two are close to G. melanospilos in looks however the reason G. melanospilos takes the cake is because as females they look like the Semifasciatus and as males they look like the Caudovittatus.
Here’s one of the last photos I got of mine before she passed. Now, I will say I have a thought I had a hybrid and not a true Melanospilos so do keep that in mind.
204FE995-CAB1-4529-A064-81209C634B78.jpeg
whats the name off that starfish on the glass i have them in my tank dnu if they r good r bad

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whats the name off that starfish on the glass i have them in my tank dnu if they r good r bad
It’s an aquilonastra starfish, not a true asterina however they do get called that quite often. I’ve honestly always seen them as fish food so in my eyes they’re incredibly good. I know my wrasses and regal angel loves to feed on them (Although the Angel goes for sponges more often).

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I don’t have macroalgae.

• Other.

Back