Stocking my 60 breeder

jonny4ever

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i moved so I have more space and upgraded my 40 breeder to a 60 breeder. Currently have

1x kole tang
2x clowns
1x flameback angel
1x sixline wrasse

I’ll eventually get a reefer 350 or something bigger so upgrades always an option for me.

I want to add another fish or 2 to really bring some life into the aquarium. I really want a royal gramma or some fire tails but they always die on me, I’ve even picked out huge ones in the past

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 lyretail anthias in my 60 breeder. They add a ton of life and are always swimming around.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i moved so I have more space and upgraded my 40 breeder to a 60 breeder. Currently have

1x kole tang
2x clowns
1x flameback angel
1x sixline wrasse
That extra foot is nice. I really like the new 60 breeders. That list should be fine, although those can all be pretty aggressive.
I want to add another fish or 2 to really bring some life into the aquarium. I really want a royal gramma or some fire tails but they always die on me, I’ve even picked out huge ones in the past
Royal gramma are pretty hardy fish, but small ones can be a little wimpy, or maybe you aren't getting good specimens. Orchid dottyback would be a similarly behaved fish that might be worth a try.

Fire tail = firefish, I assume? Those are good fish, but they might not be able to hang with your current stock. Zebra dartfish come in a lot bigger, so those might be worth a try.

A longnose or flame hawk or a larger watchman goby would be a good addition.
Bangaii cardinals are robust, and no one seems to mess with them in my experience.
Any small, relatively peaceful, damsels in the genus Chrysiptera would give you some color and movement too.

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1x kole tang
2x clowns
1x flameback angel
1x sixline wrasse

I’ll eventually get a reefer 350 or something bigger so upgrades always an option for me.

Maybe some cardinals?

I have pajama cardinals in my tank, but I whould have gone with banghai cardinals. They are always out and visible. Not darting around all over, but nice to see

Or maybe some green/blue chromis. You could do a smaller group of 4-6 in there

OP
OP
J

jonny4ever

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That extra foot is nice. I really like the new 60 breeders. That list should be fine, although those can all be pretty aggressive.

Royal gramma are pretty hardy fish, but small ones can be a little wimpy, or maybe you aren't getting good specimens. Orchid dottyback would be a similarly behaved fish that might be worth a try.

Fire tail = firefish, I assume? Those are good fish, but they might not be able to hang with your current stock. Zebra dartfish come in a lot bigger, so those might be worth a try.

A longnose or flame hawk or a larger watchman goby would be a good addition.
Bangaii cardinals are robust, and no one seems to mess with them in my experience.
Any small, relatively peaceful, damsels in the genus Chrysiptera would give you some color and movement too.
Awesome thank you so much. And yeah the extra 1 foot is incredible honestly, tank has a lagoon look to it since it’s so long now. I even added 2 extra big rocks and my aqua scape doesn’t look cluttered. Looks great, everything looked cluttered in my 40 breeder. I almost went with the 75g but I don’t wanna change to many things and add new lights. My 40 breeder stuff have just been plug an play with the 60 breeder. Ai primes don’t cover all the length which is pretty much what I want, in the middle of the tank the par should be similar since it’s the same depth. The sides won’t have as much light as in the 40 breeder obviously so I’ll place a bunch of lps there. My nems like it just like they did in my 40 breeder

OP
OP
J

jonny4ever

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe some cardinals?

I have pajama cardinals in my tank, but I whould have gone with banghai cardinals. They are always out and visible. Not darting around all over, but nice to see

Yeah chromis don’t sound too bad, I might prefer the cardinals over them though. I haven’t kept cardinals in a while

OP
OP
J

jonny4ever

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe some cardinals?

Yeah chromis don’t sound too bad, I might prefer the cardinals over them though

OP
OP
J

jonny4ever

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 chromis wouldnt be bad at at all, and far cheaper than anthias lol
Yeah, anthias are great. Gotta feed them too much and I don’t have a big sump. So I’ll only be able to get one good skimmer and that’s about it. No space for a fuge

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im gonna be honest with you, Ive read article after article about these and I hear 5 plus feedings a day. Ive had mine well over a year now and I feed them twice a day. Once in the morning and once at night. No issues whatsoever and they are healthy as a hog, nice and fat and very active. My LFS also has a school they feed once a day that a full grown and look equally as healthy.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back