Stocking my Red Sea 250

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not just yellow but brilliant yellow as vibrant unmatched.
The ones I’ve seen have all been a yellow tang colour but I guess that’s due to them being under whites. None of them were as vibrant as the one in the photo (Even the male they had wasn’t that bright).

OP
OP
DocRose

DocRose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, after reading the posts, and the family going through the options one more time and picking their final choices, I think our final nominees are in.

1. Ruby Longfin Fairy Wrasse
2. Yellow Wrasse
3. Red-Lined Wrasse
4. Melanurus Wrasse
5. McCosker's Flasher Wrasse
6. FIlamented Flasher Wrasse

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, after reading the posts, and the family going through the options one more time and picking their final choices, I think our final nominees are in.

2. Yellow Wrasse
3. Red-Lined Wrasse
4. Melanurus Wrasse
The only thing is the Mel with inverts if you intend to have any.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

2. Yellow Wrasse
3. Red-Lined Wrasse
4. Melanurus Wrasse
I think that’s a good stock - I’d try keep a slightly more open rock scape with the two flashers to try minimise chances of them dashing into the rocks when they do flash and display.
Also the Mel is a more likely species to go for CUC so you’d want to get inverts like Nassarius snails that hide in the sand during the day. Also you could do shrimp as long as they’re not the smaller Sexy shrimp. If you were to go with a Skunk Cleaner shrimp, try to find Lysmata amboinensis and not Lysmata grabhami. I think Lysmata debelius should be alright but I’d remain on caution with any outside of the two Skunks.

OP
OP
DocRose

DocRose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that’s a good stock - I’d try keep a slightly more open rock scape with the two flashers to try minimise chances of them dashing into the rocks when they do flash and display.
Also the Mel is a more likely species to go for CUC so you’d want to get inverts like Nassarius snails that hide in the sand during the day. Also you could do shrimp as long as they’re not the smaller Sexy shrimp. If you were to go with a Skunk Cleaner shrimp, try to find Lysmata amboinensis and not Lysmata grabhami. I think Lysmata debelius should be alright but I’d remain on caution with any outside of the two Skunks.
I’ll posted pictures and a video of my scape in my build thread if you want to take a look at it and let me know what you think. I think they should have enough space.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll posted pictures and a video of my scape in my build thread if you want to take a look at it and let me know what you think. I think they should have enough space.
That aquascape has quite a few holes in it so I’d say it looks alright but I’d personally want it lowered as my flasher really utilises the full 4’x2’ of free swimming room above my rock scape in my tank.

OP
OP
DocRose

DocRose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That aquascape has quite a few holes in it so I’d say it looks alright but I’d personally want it lowered as my flasher really utilises the full 4’x2’ of free swimming room above my rock scape in my tank.
The left side only comes half way up the height of the tank. The right side goes up three quarters of the way. Would that make the upper-space sufficient?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The left side only comes half way up the height of the tank. The right side goes up three quarters of the way. Would that make the upper-space sufficient?
I think it should, if it helps then here’s a photo of my 4’ tank and the rock scape. It’s slightly older but it’s not changed (yet -I do plan on having a rescape of it once I get the new sand).
7B44466A-B17C-4EB1-A184-40D88BB49204.jpeg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 75 37.7%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 68 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back