Stocking on a 12 gallon cube

Nobody Knows

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2022
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
Location
Lafayette
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am considering stocking a 12 gallon tank with a Goby and Pistol Shrimp pair, (Wheeler's Shrimp Goby or a similar Goby and Randall's Pistol Shrimp), Tail Spot Blenny, and a Clown Gobby. Is this overstocking? If so, what should I remove? Some people say on other threads that this is good, but others disagree.
 
I am considering stocking a 12 gallon tank with a Goby and Pistol Shrimp pair, (Wheeler's Shrimp Goby or a similar Goby and Randall's Pistol Shrimp), Tail Spot Blenny, and a Clown Gobby. Is this overstocking? If so, what should I remove? Some people say on other threads that this is good, but others disagree.
To me that’s the perfect stocking. I would add the Blenny last as these can be slightly more territorial but the two gobies should be fine together. I have had a Stonogobiops with a Gobiodon species for quite some time now and they completely ignore eachother as one stays above the rocks and the other goes under the rocks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new