Stocking question for 40B

ReeFaLoT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting up a new 40 gal breeder, If I had 2 clowns, a trio of chalk bass, and a Watchmen goby/shrimp pair do you think there would still be room for either a Lubock Fairy Wrasse or a Cherub Angel (or both)?

Thank you.

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I love my chalk bass. The number of fish you mentioned should not be an issue. The Lubock fairy Wrasse gets stressed out very easily in a smaller tank.

OP
OP
ReeFaLoT

ReeFaLoT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my chalk bass. The number of fish you mentioned should not be an issue. The Lubock fairy Wrasse gets stressed out very easily in a smaller tank.

Great to hear I can fit everything. Do you think a McCosker's Flasher wrasse would be better suited to this tank size?

Thank you.

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Great to hear I can fit everything. Do you think a McCosker's Flasher wrasse would be better suited to this tank size?

Thank you.
I never had any experience with McCosker's Flasher wrasse. Wrasses are very active fish for the most part. Hence most Wrasses need 55g or more. You should be able to keep a juvenile wrasse in the 40g without any issues. @evolved should be able to comment on that.

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely enough room for the cherub! Not sure about the wrasse though, but the wrasse man has already been called! Let’s see what he has to say :)

OP
OP
ReeFaLoT

ReeFaLoT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never had any experience with McCosker's Flasher wrasse. Wrasses are very active fish for the most part. Hence most Wrasses need 55g or more. You should be able to keep a juvenile wrasse in the 40g without any issues. @evolved should be able to comment on that.

Thank you both. I'd even drop the angel fish if it meant I adding a wrasse safely.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back