Stomatella Snail Reproduction?

DeepBlueSomething

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night, I noticed in my sump a handful at least of small (pencil eraser-ish or smaller) snails cruising through my skimmer section of the sump and my skimmer column itself. The appearance was most like a stomatella snail.

Can anyone confirm that this is likely or possible? Any concerns or need for further id? There was a shell present for sure. All other snails in the tank (at least that I have introduced) do not have a similar appearance.

tdileo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My stomatellas reproduce quite well and I don’t try at all. When I get home late at night, say around midnight, I walk past my tank and see dozens of babies all over the glass and rocks. I can’t believe how all of them are able to hide during the day.

OP
OP
DeepBlueSomething

DeepBlueSomething

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My stomatellas reproduce quite well and I don’t try at all. When I get home late at night, say around midnight, I walk past my tank and see dozens of babies all over the glass and rocks. I can’t believe how all of them are able to hide during the day.

Thanks -- my skim of the literature was that they are spawners and hit or miss on reproduction. I was quite happy to see them, but wanted to pose the question in case I should be concerned that it is something else entirely! Cheers...

Maggie321

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do stomatella snail need a mate or can they reproduce asexually?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 29 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back