Stony GSP?

mark.nicodemus59

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 14, 2022
Messages
28
Reaction score
26
Location
Lodi
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought 2 large segments of GSP locally. At first, I thought he was trying to sell me staghorn stems, but turns out it is GSP. It has curled inward and fused together in long, stiff, branched tubes. What should I do?

1663702980528489761567914554065.jpg 16637030064716570726826109028381.jpg
 
These are the white-light images.
 

Attachments

  • 16637858624748641478155072607587.jpg
    16637858624748641478155072607587.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 73
  • 16637858988157589213274317428033.jpg
    16637858988157589213274317428033.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 85
Its branching GSP. Same polyps different skeletal structure, less invasive than regular GSP. Usually costs about 3 times the price too.

Pretty good find if you ask me, tons of possibilities.
 
I paid $12 for the single branch, $16 for the double.
 
I paid $12 for the single branch, $16 for the double.
Its not nearly as common as the regular matt type variety. Id keep it if I were you. It can spread over rock and glass, just like the other kind. But it does not grow as fast. Its easier to manage.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new