STOP SWEATING THE SMALL THINGS! KISS FRIENDS! :)

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Terra

wheres your collection of works showing tanks in progress for your recommends

everyday in the nuisance algae forum five new helps are posted, show me any remote jobs in progress that you led over here for work

for any poster here recommending hands off during the uglies, show me a job in progress you’re working that isn’t just your own reef- just one will do, even if it’s not fixed yet. Post your pic updates so when I bump this in Feb we can check status

everyone here is posting a recommend like this below and it comes from their own tank:

DONT PANIC! If you rush to fix most things you're going to screw it up

show me using someone else’s tank that the fix is coming vs seating in permanently, you guys are killing people’s reefs here I want you to account for it with pics and outbound work involving others reefs where these firm recommends are being tested

if you had to guess without even searching, how would this crowd think our last two rip cleaned systems have worked out, they panicked and rip cleaned after all? They did the bad thing…

Ill post their pics after I get some here from the ten umpires of the tanks they’re working

Last edited:

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Some get true nuisance algae
Some mismanage the situation
Some use Tap water although we preach RO water
Some do what they want to do because its THEIR tank
Some read a better way in a book published in 1982
Some joy from Panic
Is there a background melody I should be humming when I read this? Looks like lyrics to a song. LOL

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This might be perhaps the most reef killing thread of 2021 you should see what my chat pics look like from folks who started here

fish dying from skipping qt and fallow, corals blanketed in half an inch of mixed invasions, Terra needs to make a go fund me and get new reefs for these folks I sent here so they can start over and do hands off a second round, heck do ten rounds if thats what it takes to learn good recommends from crowd sourced horrible recommends :)

combine this thread with any standard ‘I didn’t need to quarantine‘ post for the undoubted win

Last edited:

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't think I'm being mean just before coffee that's not the case, it's that I'm in this game to stop reef wasting using bad advice

Or to stop fake sales of bottle bac using bad cycling advice, we're all trained to waste and replace ad infinitum

We just went another month here with zero effort made to test anything touted, and that's offensive because this thread is killing tanks right now this second in my chats.

The non action advised for two pages here by the majority is just terrible reefing advice. When I bump in February, am wanting to see one or two works in progress for hands off mode.

Last edited:

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've taken KISS to a new level.

The last time I ran a parameter test on my tank was August 13th. I tested nitrates at 5.5 ppm at 9pm on august 13th....
haven't run any other tests since then. Alk? I have no idea. nitrates? phosphates? sorry, no clue.

My tank looks better now than it ever has.

I should probably get back to testing just to see what made my tank happy finally. hahaha

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm on my second chat message right now with dinos challenge in a nano from specifically 100% following advice from this thread. I'm not saying this to be mean

folks work hard to reverse causes that come from here
aquarists spend good money you all know they dont want a wrecked tank as a requisite right of passage

they want a diamond reef, for that option not to exist is missing the whole pie.

we should change this very thread into a works thread. I am going to aim some work here. once a request gets posted we can offer up runs for the poster to select. as of this moment all nano challenge chats process through here.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here's the way it works: if being hands off ran your tank perfectly then you are an Artisan among Artisans

some reefs get fed better than any reef in existence and are pristinely free of algae at all times no matter what :)
yes such reefs exist I have verified.

for the average folks some factor or factors in your build is going to bring you an opposite look that you want immediately, and there are ways you can opt out of that if selected. if you specifically want to be invaded, we can source links that will for sure run your tank through an uglies phase.

and if you'd like to opt out, and be packed with corals the entire time, thats available.

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently trying to do nothing about my red cyano. My NO3 and phosphate have been stable for over a month and my RODI unit puts out 0 TDS. Trying to be patient and just let my tank mature. It's currently at 7 months old

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 28.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back