Strange and Spawning

wvfeefkeeper80

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 25, 2020
Messages
56
Reaction score
36
Location
WV
What state or country do you live in
West Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was chilling in front of the tank this morning and observed some spawn being released. At first I thought it was brittle stars spawning which I’ve seen them do before. When I looked closer I saw a small round critter, with antenna, and these two pink protrusions where the spawn was being released. Once it finished, it slowly crawled back into the rock work. I didn’t observe any “legs”.
I don’t think it’s been a pest, but I’m very curious as to what it might be.

6453DE04-9427-453E-B4D0-2D933FDB03AC.jpeg E987CC65-D504-4180-9C1C-D377A2882EA7.jpeg 6D6FF885-8530-4D75-8ABA-FC3D46478CE1.jpeg
 
Was chilling in front of the tank this morning and observed some spawn being released. At first I thought it was brittle stars spawning which I’ve seen them do before. When I looked closer I saw a small round critter, with antenna, and these two pink protrusions where the spawn was being released. Once it finished, it slowly crawled back into the rock work. I didn’t observe any “legs”.
I don’t think it’s been a pest, but I’m very curious as to what it might be.

6453DE04-9427-453E-B4D0-2D933FDB03AC.jpeg E987CC65-D504-4180-9C1C-D377A2882EA7.jpeg 6D6FF885-8530-4D75-8ABA-FC3D46478CE1.jpeg
Looks like tunicates
 
I’d be inclined to agree but are tunicates mobile?
Generally not
Just went to my computer screen and this a snail, not tunicate and looks like collanista if small or astrea even cowrie snail
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new