Strange item needs ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter svine
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

svine

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 25, 2014
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I have noticed a strange item that I haven't noticed before and wondered if anyone could help identify it for me? The pic is not the best because it is so far in the back of the tank. It looks like a small pod with arms that extend out to anchor it to the rock. Any ideas?

Thanks View attachment 205488
image.jpg
 
Above the coral skeleton I see a feather duster and what looks like a white sponge. If you could circle the item that would help narrow it down.
 
It is directly above the feather. It is a spherical object with a small hole in it. It has several legs protruding anchoring it to the rock. Could this be a sponge?
 
It's super hard to see, but it may be a ball sponge, Tethya sp.
Pretty common and harmless.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new