Strange Phenomenon

  • Thread starter Thread starter batman3n1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

batman3n1

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2013
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Location
Santa Maria, Ca
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every once in a while I will see what looks like a small white puff of smoke coming from a crevice in the rocks. Not a steady stream and not very dense but intermittently and only lasting about 5 or 10 seconds. First couple of times I thought it was a coral sending out something to keep other coral at bay, but a couple times it's come from places where there IS no coral and just today I saw the top of what looked like an antenna moving around, just out of sight.


Anyone else experience this? Any ideas what it might be? Indian smoke signals? Aliens?
 
Thanks guys... after researching Stomatella, I have to agree with you as I have several black ones that only come out at night.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new