Strawberry Shortcake Acropora

Der ABT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is mine, growing pretty well..they definately look best top down. Not sure if mine is the orig or not but i like it alot
IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is mine, growing pretty well..they definately look best top down. Not sure if mine is the orig or not but i like it alot
IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg
very nice piece i think this is what is referred to as the extreme shortcake notice the different coralite structure than the original from uc above???

Der ABT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeh its definately slightly different than tha "original"..."extreme shortcake" sounds like an add for an energy drink....sunday sunday sunday...extreme extreme extreme
ive seen the original in a colony at J.Fox's and it looks alot nicer, dont get me wrong i like my piece but the orginal seems to have a brighter deep pink/red to it and really cool growth pattern.

Mine is half way down a 90g (so probably 12-14inch deep under a 250w 20k radium) and seems to be very happy

emerald525

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw this thread.

Here's a picture of mine.Thanks for the tip about moving it lower. I had it at the bottom of the tank but moved it up a little. Seems to be doing fine.

DSC09284ARW.jpg

kthehun89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my piece. This shot was taken a few months ago, before I started prodibio. It's colored up super nicely sincely since then and has started growing well. About 12" under my T5's. I'm in europe for 10 days and can post an updated shot when I return :)

DSC_0018-14.jpg

Crusader

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up a 1" frag of the Strawberry Shortcake. The color was a little faded. It has only been in my system for 2 days. Any recommendations to help with this coral. I have it under Led lighting AI Sol Blue about 14" below the lights.

Thanks
Mike

kuyatwo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my Unique Corals "The Original Strawberry Shortcake" picked this up from Jason Fox at CRASE. Right now it is under 400 watt Radiums with 2 x ati blue plus, kz Fiji purple and ati true actinic. It is really starting to color up since I did my switch from ai sol blues back to Metal Halides.

Strawberry-Shortcake.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a pic of our small colony of A. microclados:

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my Unique Corals "The Original Strawberry Shortcake" picked this up from Jason Fox at CRASE. Right now it is under 400 watt Radiums with 2 x ati blue plus, kz Fiji purple and ati true actinic. It is really starting to color up since I did my switch from ai sol blues back to Metal Halides.

Strawberry-Shortcake.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The original from UC is awesome. Retains the super bright pink easily and is pretty hardy. I had the original and a recent import in the same tank, right next to one another and UC did nothing but gain color while the recent import turned poopy brown and rtn'd on me after a couple months.

Nice frag!

dnov99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The original from UC is awesome. Retains the super bright pink easily and is pretty hardy. I had the original and a recent import in the same tank, right next to one another and UC did nothing but gain color while the recent import turned poopy brown and rtn'd on me after a couple months.

Nice frag!

Totally agree! Mine came from UC and it is far and away the best type of this acro...

SteezySPS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two different types side by side but both are nasutas not the microlados. one is really fast growing and slightly more greenish with a blue ring around the base and more pinkish corallites while the other is a slower grower but has more yellow dominant on the body with more reddish corallites. is this the difference between the extreme and the more recent imports?

darryl_v

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has been on the market for 3+ years and no one has a captive grown colony? Its a sensitive slow grower IMO.

dnov99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has been on the market for 3+ years and no one has a captive grown colony? Its a sensitive slow grower IMO.

Its a good grower for me, I got my original frag from UC a year ago and it has grown into a nice 3" colony. Here is an old pic of it, its bout 3 times this size.

Strawberry Shortcake by matsinger2, on Flickr

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had mine for about a year and it's growing at a snails pace but has nice color.

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a good grower for me, I got my original frag from UC a year ago and it has grown into a nice 3" colony. Here is an old pic of it, its bout 3 times this size.

Strawberry Shortcake by matsinger2, on Flickr

Thats a beauty! :) Any chance of an updated photo? Would love to see how its doing. Thanks. :D

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back