Strawberry Shortcake Acropora

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got me a extreme shortcake the other day I will get a picture soon.... First shot with this one and I have a mini colony of the og coming next week... That will be fourth shot at it....:sad:

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they can be tricky I think the best approach is to fast drip them for a bit and than add them to QT or the display, our store had a lot of success with the SS doing it this way, prior to this method we had a lot of them RTN/STN on us

SteezySPS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tl, looking forward to seeing an "extreme" shortcake. Most of the ones i have seen look like microlados with the flat yellow and pink/red color

Redstag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My short case.

IMG_0079-3.jpg

Stpatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Srawberry Shortcake

This was sold to me as a Strawberry Shortcake. What do you all think it is?

Attachments

• Strawberry Shortcake 6-5-11.jpg
    Strawberry Shortcake 6-5-11.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 326

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's real and how they normally look when they come in.... That's one reason why this particular acro is such a hot ticket item... In captivity they color up extremely well and look ridiclious...1smile1

Henry C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a frag for about 3 mos. now and it's just a cream color with pink polyps. It's at the top of my rock stack and has been a steady grower but no green at all. Do you guys think I should try moving it or let it go to see what happens? I'm running leds...Thanks..

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a true Strawberry Shortcake, these pictures are from Unique Corals original mother colony, they named it and were the first to distribute the SS at MACNA 09', this is a good representation of how it should look

ss1.jpg

ss3.jpg

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a frag for about 3 mos. now and it's just a cream color with pink polyps. It's at the top of my rock stack and has been a steady grower but no green at all. Do you guys think I should try moving it or let it go to see what happens? I'm running leds...Thanks..

I'd think it's getting too much light. Try moving it down and see what happens. I have mine in my frag tank under LEDs but they are turned down quite a bit and the green is starting to come out nicely now.

Henry C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd think it's getting too much light. Try moving it down and see what happens. I have mine in my frag tank under LEDs but they are turned down quite a bit and the green is starting to come out nicely now.

Thanks man....i'll try that and see what happens..

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yeah I never had luck up high... Mine was always happiest in the bottom half of the tank...

I agree, this also happens wit the ORA Red Planet, too much light and it losses the green coloration

Henry C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
moved it (ended up with 2 pieces) to about 8 in from the bottom of the tank..Keeping my fingers crossed..lol

SteezySPS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a true Strawberry Shortcake, these pictures are from Unique Corals original mother colony, they named it and were the first to distribute the SS at MACNA 09', this is a good representation of how it should look

ss1.jpg

ss3.jpg
Thanks for the pic. I definitely have the same one as this and the red is super bright under daylights.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back