Stressed fish?

bklynreef123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the no3 and po4 levels? What are you using to test. what's your bio load what kind of skimmer are you using. Is it cleaned regularly. Do you have good flow in the tank? Are there dead spots build up of detritus? What's your maintenance schedule like what and how often are you feeding? What lighting are you running? Just putting in a carbon source is guaranteed to cause more trouble then help if you don't have everything in check. Carbon dosing requires close monitoring of parameters. It does not seem like you have a good understanding of the basics. Not trying to tear you down. I'm trying to help you out.

Ben little79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean technically my filtration is like 5 years old, have up graded it through three tanks. Its not a new tank. I could put this filter on a new tank and it would explode with life. Dont want to go crazy here. Will up grade my test kits first how bout that . that sound reasonable.

Feltman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my opinion carbon dosing is a tool to allow u to overstock a tank and deal with a higher bioload then ur tank normal should handle. Hair algea in my past experience is usually a phosphate problem and carbon dosing is more of a nitrate solution although it requires both to work.... if u truly don't have ur tank overstocked, have correct flow both amount and places. Have correct lights and proper photo periods, And are doing proper maintenance, I'd suggest gfo not carbon dosing as a solution for gha. Although I think it more likely u need to look at the first few a little harder.

Mike in CT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this thread is going a bit of course... We should be concentrating on the OP's concerns.

OP
OP
ndz98

ndz98

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this thread is going a bit of course... We should be concentrating on the OP's concerns.
I'm kind of sitting her watching how this all plays out lol. Also learning something in the process.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 82 48.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back