Stressed fish?

Ben little79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should put it in the clowns favorite spot and just trick that little fish right in to it.

Ben little79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant wait to get a refractometer. Im saving up now. Im sure its so much easier than hydrometer. Just little worried cuz ive never used one. I wonder if they will let me practice with theirs at my LFS.

OP
OP
ndz98

ndz98

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant wait to get a refractometer. Im saving up now. Im sure its so much easier than hydrometer. Just little worried cuz ive never used one. I wonder if they will let me practice with theirs at my LFS.
I don't think there's anything to worry about. I've never used one either but they look fairly easy and not very complicated.

Ben little79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Confidence i like it. You just inspired me to make the changes. Plus im changing my test kits too. Im still using api. Lol guess after the research not as good as i thought. Think that its just not so easy to read. With which i agree. Lot of wondering left even after testing.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Does your LFS have calibration fluid? RODI works OK, but using the fluid is the best way to calibrate your refractometer before it's first use.

bklynreef123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A. DONT use RODI water to calibrate your refractometer. Use the appropriate calibration fluid.

B. Your clowns do not need a nem to bed down in.

C. A nem is not a coral.

D. Do yourself a favor and get good quality test kits and get your parameters in check.

Ben little79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im gona ask them if i can practice on their one. I wish LFS stores could have work shop classes on equipment and tools. I would sign up....

Ben little79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like i cant pay my list of faster than it grows. I swear im already planning on my next tank and i haven't even finished this one.....

Ben little79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im gona start this carbon dosing tomorrow. Wish me luck . good luck with refractometer.

Ben little79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You sure? I mean it sounds so simple gradually increase carbon till you see noticeable drop then cut dose in half. Wut does that have to do with refractometer?

bklynreef123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't have basic testing equipment that's why. What's your alk level? Do you have any idea where it should be to carbon dose?

Ben little79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im only trying carbon dosing to reduce algae growth. Green hair algae it just exploded in my tank almost over night . not sure wut my other options are. No room for ATS fuge is full . should i clean it out and replace with cheato,

Mike in CT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would definitely slow down a bit and do some reading on here and other places. Anemones can be a bit tricky and for the most part do not like new tanks. There is also a good chance your clowns won't even notice it, and you also have to worry about it getting into your overflow and power heads. You have great enthusiasm, just make sure you are real careful what you add to your tank, because a lot of LFS will sell you stuff you don't need/should not have.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 166 66.9%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back