• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
reddevilant

reddevilant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you been growing this? Thanks.
This was actually one of my first macros I ever got. So that was around this time last year. I got it as a small ~3 inch piece and now I have three separate pieces that are all almost as big as my head! And that is even after selling a bunch last fall. It's a fast grower compared to most red macros but, no so much that it could be invasive at all.

OP
OP
reddevilant

reddevilant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Just a little announcement for any one looking to purchase the macro algae. If you would like to have an order shipped out this week, please message me as soon as possible. The order must be completed (money sent) before 10am tomorrow, Monday (3/28). Otherwise it will have to be shipped the following week.

OP
OP
reddevilant

reddevilant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shipping Day! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Everything has been shipped! I’ll be getting home a little late so I will send all the tracking info tonight after dinner.

00C1EFD2-E610-4C4A-AA0A-2A6E4EC7BE2D.jpeg E5F635F3-FC68-4385-A887-BB8494551747.jpeg

OP
OP
reddevilant

reddevilant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So some of the orders are set to be delivered today! Here's some info on my experience with it. :D

Growth: The macro itself grows pretty quick, you should see each branch have a new pearl about every week or two. However, the holdfast that forms at the bottom end does take while, a few weeks to maybe a month and a half for me. I never glue any type of macro just because it always seems to die on me with glue. So for this algae originally tied it down with fishing line to some rock rubble and just made sure the bottom was touching where I wanted it to attach to. Once the holdfast grows in its pretty solid.

Lighting: I have two Kessil A80 Suns and a LED Hygger strip light. Overall, my lighting is a little under-powered for a 90 gal. Because of this, I have it higher in my tank that you might want to place it. The macro likes moderate light so if your tank has very strong lighting I'd put it in somewhere in the bottom half of your tank.

Flow: I just have 2 HOB Seachem Tidal filters and three Hydor (1050 gph) powerheads. IME, as long as it's not being completely blasted by flow it'll be ok. But the pieces that have grown the fastest have moderate flow that is enough to make it gently sway back and forth.

unchaotic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to order but I think I need to wait for the weather to warm up a bit.

OP
OP
reddevilant

reddevilant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to order but I think I need to wait for the weather to warm up a bit.
No worries! Lmk whenever you're comfortable with the temps by you. Right now I use big 72-hour heat packs because here in NY we're around the 50s and they do pretty well.

Reefer825

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I'd like to get some from you if it's still available, shipped USPS Priority to 20657. One 7"-9" and One 10+ if you still have any of those sizes. I'll wait to hear from you.
Thank You

OP
OP
reddevilant

reddevilant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately I'm all out of algae :(........APRIL FOOLS!!! I actually have too much lol. Feel free to ask if you have any questions and send me a PM if you're interested in buying some!!!

OP
OP
reddevilant

reddevilant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reminder: If you would like to have an order shipped out this week, please message me as soon as possible. The order must be completed (money sent) before 10am tomorrow, Monday (4/4). Otherwise it will have to be shipped the following week.

Sod Buster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, got mine today also. Incredible packaging and heatpack was still warm after 2 days. A+++. Almost a frustration to unpack, but specimen was in perfect condition. Gorilla tape on the outside of the box. Double bubbed, double bagged w/ a whole newspaper to read in the box. How fun to read news from 400 miles away from my state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 52 48.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 55.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.3%

Back