stripes fading on blue ring angel

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't seen the pair of blue rings up close. If you get a minute at work, could you take a look at the mated blue rings and see if the male has faded stripes? It's a stretch but maybe it has something to do with being married. JK. But can you look just for anyhow?

Sorry - I did check ours out in person last week - their stripes are not faded at all.

Jay

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I got a pair of little bitty blue rings almost three years ago and they have done well. Today though, I noticed the bottom stripes on the big male are fading. @Jay Hemdal

Their diet consists of Marine life spectrum and TDO pellets in the morning and alternating whole mussels, oysters and clams in the afternoon.

Sorry about the dirty glass.

1705261746605.png
Ive seen this in the past and often due to stress and poor die. The stripes are generally pronounced and when faded, can be due to water quality, intimidation and again diet which contributes to melatin and coloration.
What foods are you offering it?

OP
OP
S

salty joe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the morning I feed New Life Spectrum and TDO pellets and in the afternoon I alternate whole mussels, clams and oysters.

OP
OP
S

salty joe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a better picture, it's more like the stripes are spreading than fading. Same exact thing on both sides. Not affecting his much smaller mate at all. Just strange.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a better picture, it's more like the stripes are spreading than fading. Same exact thing on both sides. Not affecting his much smaller mate at all. Just strange.

The angel looks pretty good otherwise!

Jay

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back