ba430b1a5be710a8988a56575cc7ceea9c1c1f3022be436da9bc63602eb145e3.jpeg
I am a nurse. So of course

KenO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used medical syringes I got from my vet. The real ones with metal needles. Different sizes. I use them to inject my aiptasia with lemon juice. Just picked up a deisel fuel filter to use on my Cal Rx. It will go right before the needle valve to keep the valve from clogging. They were $1.79 each. I also use a tea strainer to rinse my frozen foods before adding them to my tanks.

Snuggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a nurse I bring home all sorts of gadgets to use on my tanks, iv tubing for acclimation, medicine cups and syringes for measuring and dosing, wasted fluconizole capsules, mouth sponges for cleaning my skimmer, made my own “Julian thing” from oxygen tubing and syringe. Got a bone cutter from a surgeon for cutting frag plugs( big score) but my favorite is the 100 micron urine strainer....gobs of uses..currently using to stain pods/ or brine shrimp

95D3CEDB-E4BC-4A64-A111-1182D61C1F82.jpeg

Mal Cameron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tap water. Sorry to all those purists. Been using it for years without any problems. Used to collect natural salt water but not these days although that is a much cheaper option.

Luna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A tall plastic popcorn canister was what I initially used for measuring & mixing salt, a nightstand table was a perfect stand for my tall hex tank..... Saran wrap splash guard for the light, wax paper if the light was too strong.... Drinking glasses (upside down) as risers for rocks and stuff....

I'd dangle stuff on a string to keep it away from the sides so the starfish wouldn't hog it.... As my hermits grew, they all moved in to local shells collected from the beach. But I guess if it's from the ocean, it probably doesn't count [emoji1]

Just wondering how you used the Saran Wrap & wax paper. My light just went out & I think it was the moisture.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 76.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 6.0%

Back