stylocoeniella... Let's see them

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have jf burning bananas but it seems to be starting to take off. Apparently these corals have the ability to multiply by polyp bailout just like poccilopora. I find them interesting and thought it would be a cool thread. Maybe not too many people have these corals yet. But post them if you have them!

If what I just read is correct, then wwc is about to (or maybe already did) release a crazy version of this coral... Loony tunes.

stylocoeniella-rainbow.jpg

OP
OP
Triggreef

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's encrusting. Much smaller polyps than cyphastrea. Polyp more like a monti but longer. If has a sunset version, burning banana, and probly some more. It's a lower light coral which is probably why I'm liking them, because I want something for the shady spots I can put anything else.

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one for a while, WWC superman. I just almost had to keep it in the dark or it would fade. I ended up losing it due to a water issue but I got a little growth out of it once I figured out it didn't care for much light at all.

rossco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this one for about 5 years. JF has a similar one - probably the same one- on his site.

Porites7-26-14Large_zpsb5b92f8b.jpg

I just picked up a quarter sized frag of Burnin Banana at Reef A Palooza.

Burnin%20Large_zps0ytalfqp.jpg

BSA Corals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Wwc Loony Tunes stylo growing out! Very slow grower.

OP
OP
Triggreef

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this one for about 5 years. JF has a similar one - probably the same one- on his site.

Porites7-26-14Large_zpsb5b92f8b.jpg

I just picked up a quarter sized frag of Burnin Banana at Reef A Palooza.

Burnin%20Large_zps0ytalfqp.jpg

Thats awesome!! Can you snap a pic a little further away? Just to show the level its at and how much light its getting...

And awesome colors on the banana! Mine is very drabby I think still recovering from being in way too much light.

rossco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats awesome!! Can you snap a pic a little further away? Just to show the level its at and how much light its getting...

And awesome colors on the banana! Mine is very drabby I think still recovering from being in way too much light.

Thanks. The turquoise one is in a couple places in my tank, this colony is on top of the rockwork maybe a foot below the surface, now being partially shaded by the green slimer with the rock it is on against the back panel. It will encrust off the rock and onto the back. It is just as happy in the shade - really shade - or toward the top. It definitely needs to be acclimated to the higher light levels, it gets light shocked really easily. Past experience with it is why I have the Burnin Banana on the bottom for now.

I am running 8 x 8o watt t5 bulbs over the tank.

OP
OP
Triggreef

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. The turquoise one is in a couple places in my tank, this colony is on top of the rockwork maybe a foot below the surface, now being partially shaded by the green slimer with the rock it is on against the back panel. It will encrust off the rock and onto the back. It is just as happy in the shade - really shade - or toward the top. It definitely needs to be acclimated to the higher light levels, it gets light shocked really easily. Past experience with it is why I have the Burnin Banana on the bottom for now.

I am running 8 x 8o watt t5 bulbs over the tank.
Great thanks for that info. Since mine is doing ok in a dark corner of my frag tank, I think I'm going to let mine encrust enough so I can make a few small frags to try in a couple spots in my tank.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do they sting? I have a electric daisy coming in and want to mix it with cyphaestra and maybe a rainbow monti thats coming in to in a few days

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back