Sulfur Reactor Help

dyno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have the AquaMaxx TS-1 and it was set up July 24th. I have a lot air that suddenly appeared in the reactor. I am guessing that this Nitrogen gas and is a sign it is working? The air keeps circulating in the reactor down the tube and up through the media. Do I need to do anything cause I am wondering how the air is supposed to purge from the unit? Is there a release valve or something?

THANK YOU!

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of my bubbles recirculate and some escape the exit tube. As long as they don't build up in the top of the reactor I am not worrying about them.

KP_DenverCO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi friends - new to R2R but not to my FoT (15yrs). Scaled down from a 110gal to 75gal do to a glass failure in March. Scaled down livestock & rock while keeping buddies alive. Transitioned from a maintenance free wet/dry to 2 canisters --and even have added a small wet-dry 3 months ago. My NO3 and NH3 stay slightly elevated but nothing over the TOP. Ran a DIY Sulfur Reactor three months but then SOCKED IN with UNREMOVEABLE CYANO! Am using PNS Bio to outcompete Red Slime but now I am stuck w green algae (Tangs eat it though).

Re-starting Sulfur Reactor. Any suggestions on how to get rid of Cyano? Thoughts on Sulfur Reactor in FoT? I will say I don't check for Phospates.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 31 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back