Summer shipping

Rtorres508

Reefer 250
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope everyone is doing well!
I’d like to know if anyone has any good info about shipping fish during the summer? I’ve shipped coral around the country from NY during the winter, but now would like to ship something down to Miami (90F). Seems like every video I’ve come across always involves a heat pack. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you and stay safe!

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can add an ice pack but it's always more of a challenge to keep the temp low. If possible ship to a UPS/Fedex distribution center for pickup that way at least the fish won't be driven around in a hot truck all day. At the minimum I would ship to a UPS/Fedex store - deliveries are often made earlier than many residential addresses. You can also add a few drops of methylene blue which will help hemoglobin transfer and anecdotally appears to help with ammonia poisoning.

OP
OP
Rtorres508

Rtorres508

Reefer 250
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can add an ice pack but it's always more of a challenge to keep the temp low. If possible ship to a UPS/Fedex distribution center for pickup that way at least the fish won't be driven around in a hot truck all day. At the minimum I would ship to a UPS/Fedex store - deliveries are often made earlier than many residential addresses. You can also add a few drops of methylene blue which will help hemoglobin transfer and anecdotally appears to help with ammonia poisoning.
Thank you for the info! What’s your thought on me shipping out of NY next week when the will be in the low 70’s. Would you add an ice pack?

Back