Sump Design - Review

Syoung

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 15, 2017
Messages
114
Reaction score
55
Location
California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey all,

Starting out a build of a 120G with 40G sump. My previous experience was AIO, so this is my first sump.

Starting off with a 40G Breeder, planning this method:
- Bean Animal overflow (Likely Modular Marine 1200 or 1600)
- Reefmat 500
- Skimmer (ultra reef akula uks-160)
- Refugium (Chaeto)
- Return Chamber (Dual Sicce Syncra SDC 6 - One returning through UV)

I have a bunch of questions and would love feedback:
- How should I plumb the reefmat in?
- I could attach it via bulkhead to a chamber holding the two drain pipes
- Or I could attach it directly to the primary drain and leave the secondary bypassing it
- How large should the return chamber be?
- Currently it sits at 6" width, full depth
- How large should a refugium be?
- Currently 8" width, full depth

Sump - Description.PNG
Sump - Width.PNG
 
Thanks Danreef55. Looks like your fleece roller is plumbed directly into your main drain?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new