Sump drain pipe advice?

Reefer18

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 7, 2017
Messages
19
Reaction score
12
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 30 gallon reef that I want to add a 20H sump on. The tank is currently drilled with 3/4” bulkheads and I was wanting to know if I could SILENTLY run a durso drain pipe down to my sump?
 
Durso tens to make noise... maybe look at ways to convert it to a herbie design... dead silent.

I use an over the rim return now so I can run a quiet herbie design.
 
How many bulkheads do you have? For a durso you would need a minimum of one drain (if you do a HOB return). Herbie would need a minimum of two. If you want the return hard plumbed, add an additional bulk head per type. Herbie would be the quietest of the two IMO.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new