Sump For IM Lagoon

RSREEFING

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's everyone doing,

So I have a IM 50 Lagoon AIO. I want to take out the build in filtration and add a synergy reef shadow overflow V2. That means I would be looking into a sump now.
I have the APS stand and was wondering what you guys would get for the sump? I would really like for the sump to have a compartment for a refugium. I have my eyes on the fiji 20 Gen 2 sump. But I want to see if there's any other options out there.

Thank you!

Kjames

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just checking that sump out. Looks like it has all the options one might want. Lots of options for filtration and equipment placement. Nice additions with probe/heater holders and compartment lids.

If not that one, I'd opt for one with fewer options and larger individual compartments. Things get crowded really quickly down there. Trigger Systems Crystal 18 would be a simple choice.

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's everyone doing,

So I have a IM 50 Lagoon AIO. I want to take out the build in filtration and add a synergy reef shadow overflow V2. That means I would be looking into a sump now.
I have the APS stand and was wondering what you guys would get for the sump? I would really like for the sump to have a compartment for a refugium. I have my eyes on the fiji 20 Gen 2 sump. But I want to see if there's any other options out there.

Thank you!

I have the same tank and use the Trigger sump.

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fiji sumps are real nice as well, what you will find is most sumps are narrow, they can go longer with a small price increase but you want to go wide that will cost you.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back