Not open for further replies.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An uppdate on the building process.
This Wednesday was the deadline for the bids on the public procurement. So sometimes next week the city's company HIGAB, who owns the museum building, will decide which company that will do the building. Then there's a ten day period for appeals before everything is set. So in about three weeks things might start to happen. Not sure if they will start digging right away, but we'll see. I'll keep you posted :)

Sorry for my very limited knowledge in English terms for procurements and stuff like that. I hardly know them in Swedish ;)
That is exciting!

The English terms for government procurements are very straightforward. These are the important terms to know.
Delays, Nepotism, Bribery, Scope Change, Quid Pro Quo, Cost Overruns, Conflict of Interest, Special Use Tax
I'm sure I'm leaving out a few important ones! :p

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is exciting!

The English terms for government procurements are very straightforward. These are the important terms to know.
Delays, Nepotism, Bribery, Scope Change, Quid Pro Quo, Cost Overruns, Conflict of Interest, Special Use Tax
I'm sure I'm leaving out a few important ones! :p
My plan is to buy "fika" to the construction workers and get them to like the Aquarium staff. I might have to learn polish and some other language too. And hope they'll do their best!

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time to empty the bamboo shark tank! :)
IMG_8567.JPG
IMG_8568.JPG
IMG_8569.JPG
IMG_8571.JPG

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday we moved our bamboo shark and our two snowflake moray eels to the other public aquarium in Gothenburg, called Universeum. Since my hands were wet almost the entire day yesterday, I didn't take that many pictures. But I took a couple from their Ocean tank and their new reef tank.

Here's the Ocean tank with reef sharks etc.
IMG_8581.JPG

And here's their reef tank, about 3000 litres I think. Background and tank made by ATI. Many of corals are from us :)
IMG_8582.JPG

And behind the scenes of course!
IMG_8585.JPG

IMG_8586.JPG

Nice and clean :D And a really tall skimmer from Sander. Feels a bit old school, but I think it was new.

The LEDs are Geisemann.

Now all the fish, corals and rocks are moved out from our 26000 litre tank, just some sand and a couple of centimetres of water left. So far the fish and corals seems to be well after the move.

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Together with the fish and corals, we also moved three pretty large sand sea stars from the shark tank today. And some sand. I wanted some for the sea stars.
Probably broke some "rules" when I scoped up 10 litres of old and unwashed sand from the shark tank and dumped into a temporary coral tank, but the corals just seemed to be happy with some particles in the water ;)
IMG_8590.JPG

This was after five hours.

MabuyaQ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My plan is to buy "fika" to the construction workers and get them to like the Aquarium staff. I might have to learn polish and some other language too. And hope they'll do their best!
Everybody in construction speaks the language of beer so you are on the right track with fika.

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_8610.JPG
Today we filled up two of these containers. Now the museum and the old aquarium is pretty empty.
I didn't go to the gym today after work.. ;)

Don't worry, we didn't throw away any usable aquarium equipment. Just old stuff :)

MabuyaQ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_8610.JPG
Today we filled up two of these containers. Now the museum and the old aquarium is pretty empty.
I didn't go to the gym today after work.. ;)

Don't worry, we didn't throw away any usable aquarium equipment. Just old stuff :)

Sorry Lasse couldn't resist.

<joke> I hope you didn't forget to take/let Lasse out if you filled it with just old stuff</joke>

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry Lasse couldn't resist.

<joke> I hope you didn't forget to take/let Lasse out if you filled it with just old stuff</joke>
Don't worry. We need him to install and program all the aquarium controllers for the new Aquarium. So we will keep him for at least two more years ;)

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe grow hair long, bleach blonde, mini skirt, stilettos heels, probably Brazilian wax job, and then bring them "fika", and Lasse will be, Madame Lasse...... I bet they'll love that. :p
And try speaking Italian

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe grow hair long, bleach blonde, mini skirt, stilettos heels, probably Brazilian wax job, and then bring them "fika", and Lasse will be, Madame Lasse...... I bet they'll love that. :p
And try speaking Italian
And try speaking Italian
Haha.. I'll see what I can do.. ;)

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When Lasse had long hair and beard he looked more like Santa Claus.
Believe me the time for miniskirts on Lasse or me has passed. It will only go down to the neck.
Not a pretty site. Maybe Sallstrom, he might look pretty in heels.......heeeeeee

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man this thread took a weird left turn! I am on R2R right? Lol.
:D Sometimes it does!

Yeah, I've been thinking of doing a recap or summary for new readers soon. Or perhaps I should start a "part 2" thread.. But maybe that's dumb if we're competing about having the longest thread.. ;) We'll see. I think I'll write a recap and post in this thread, like an update with some history.
Let me know if there're stuff you think I should add.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:D Sometimes it does!

Yeah, I've been thinking of doing a recap or summary for new readers soon. Or perhaps I should start a "part 2" thread.. But maybe that's dumb if we're competing about having the longest thread.. ;) We'll see. I think I'll write a recap and post in this thread, like an update with some history.
Let me know if there're stuff you think I should add.
Don't forget to add on recap, the time you mentioned you bring your own coffee to work, I said, office coffee might be Europeean or maybe capeepuccino. Heeee

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night at the temporary Aquarium..
IMG_8656.JPG
IMG_8657.JPG

Something made the power go out.. But no animals harmed. Just some wet shoes and tired aquarists(me and @Lasse )
IMG_8660.JPG

At least I saw the cool colours on the sleeping orange spotted filefish.
IMG_8662.JPG

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night at the temporary Aquarium..
IMG_8656.JPG
IMG_8657.JPG

Something made the power go out.. But no animals harmed. Just some wet shoes and tired aquarists(me and @Lasse )
IMG_8660.JPG

At least I saw the cool colours on the sleeping orange spotted filefish.
IMG_8662.JPG
Everything ok, now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 29 28.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 27.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 39 37.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.9%
Back