Swimming anemone?

pufferPandimonium

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 21, 2024
Messages
22
Reaction score
6
Location
Utica
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1899.jpeg
Does anyone know what this might be it was in some chaeto I thought is was some kind of pest anemone but when I went to get it out one swam of in a jellyfish kind of swimming. Any help would be appreciated I’m not having much luck with google.
 
I'm pretty sure it's a swimming species of aiptasia. There have been a few other posts about them on this forum.
 
Yeah I was looking at that one swimming anemone thinking it might be it but its tentacles are rounded at the ends and those seem all pointy maybe as it’s smaller? The top one on the biodiversity of Singapore looks real close. Looks like it’s something to remove. I don’t need anemones swimming around stinging coral. Thanks for the reply’s!
 
Yeah they can be problematic, but I think they're pretty neat! If I ever come across them I'm doing a dedicated nano just to watch them swim. :star-struck:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new