OP
Ditto

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In Preparation for the APP to be installed on my Iphone when it released, I proceed to update the firmware on my P4.

Updating WIFI Firmware on a P4:
Pretty Simple, I followed the Video:

I ran into an issue, and the WIFI Module did not come back, so I had to download the Wifi Firmware updater tool on the website @
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/do...or-profilux-4-mitras-lx7-incl-firmware-v6512/

I only had one issue with the above tool, I had my P4 connected via USB to my laptop when trying to auto detect with the software and it just hung. After I unplugged it and ran the auto detect it found my Com4 re-plugged in the USB cable and the update took about 15 seconds.

I did email support, they were back with me within 5 minutes to assist me when the auto-detect freezing the application. Thank you!!

Now I wait for the Iphone store to update.

OP
OP
Ditto

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The App was released on Itunes and installed on my Phone (Took about 30 seconds to configure), you can tell it is an app and not an app pointing to a HTML Page:

Step 1: After Launching the App, you need to Click on the Add Device
IMG_1272.PNG
IMG_1273.PNG

Step 2: Once you have the device Configured Connect to your P4
IMG_1274.PNG
IMG_1275.PNG

Some Random Screen shots:
IMG_1278.PNG
IMG_1276.PNG

IMG_1279.PNG
IMG_1280.PNG

Things I noticed:
No Flow Meters being shown in the App
No Level Sensors Shown in the App
No Outlets shown in the App

Overall Impression:
App is very quick
Can edit and see probes without opening Desktop Application
Great first step for the Application

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ditto

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to Apologize for not posting lately, I just had knee surgery so was not able to continue swapping out equipment, and posting the results, what I have left to do:

Equipment to place fulling online:
1- O2 Sensor
2- Doser 2.1
3- CO2 Scrubber
4- Calcium Reactor

What is still on Order:
Another Power Bar, I am one short
KHD Director For Alkalinity Monitor
Doser maxi (Going to see it to empty my 5 Gallon Skimmer Bucket)

With my knee surgery i am been relaying on the GHL App, and the desktop software to monitor the tank and can say it been working very very well. I been able to monitor and control my tank as friend and family tend to feeding the fish and coral, and the occasional filtering cleaning.

One Issue I was having was the alerts on the tank when received were like the picture below:
Alert Orginal.jpg

I no longer wanted to see the probe names but the actual Description after the change it now looks like:

Configure Alerts:
Alerts are setup via Profilux Command Center.
Open up the Command Center Softeware
Click on Email Notification
Click on the Alarm you wish to edit or create
Alert 1.jpg

My original Code was this and was changed to the code on the right:
Alert 1_z.jpg
Alert 2.jpg

All I did was change the $$SENN[x]$$ to $$SEND[x]$$

I also added another alert to now show me the alarm that is showing on the P4 and text me the alert the actual alert shown on the P4.

Alert 5.jpg

Final Results:
alert_new.png

OP
OP
Ditto

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I downloaded the next version of the GHL Mobile App which was updated today for IOS users, all I can say is Wow some of the things I noticed on the application are now corrected and are within the application:

app.PNG

IMG_1297.PNG
IMG_1298.PNG

SaltwaterAq

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Interesting. Where are all you guys buying your GHL Controllers & Accessories?

BeachBum2012

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long do they usually take to ship? Ordered mine a week ago and haven't seen any sort of shipping notification as of yet.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long do they usually take to ship? Ordered mine a week ago and haven't seen any sort of shipping notification as of yet.

The tracking number came via ups app for me. You can also check your order on their website if you make an account or have an account. I think they ship pretty quick generally, if you don't have a preorder item, obviously.

BeachBum2012

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tracking number came via ups app for me. You can also check your order on their website if you make an account or have an account. I think they ship pretty quick generally, if you don't have a preorder item, obviously.
Haven't received a ups notification, which surprised me. I'll check the website. Thanks.

Edit* Just checked. Shows it's processing.

Last edited:

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, I just looked up mine on their website and it still says processing as well??? I already recieved my profilux though. I would maybe check with them if its been a week and you haven't seen anything for shipping. That is if you didn't buy something on preorder.

Edit - Did you purchase direct from GHL? That's what I did.

BeachBum2012

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, I just looked up mine on their website and it still says processing as well??? I already recieved my profilux though. I would maybe check with them if its been a week and you haven't seen anything for shipping. That is if you didn't buy something on preorder.

Edit - Did you purchase direct from GHL? That's what I did.
I did order direct from them. Define prophylaxis for and a couple of add-ons, but no pre-order stuff. Thanks.

Holy crap. I just went back and read what the voice to text typed. it was supposed to say I ordered the profilux 4 and a couple of add-ons. I'm going to leave that up there though, because it's pretty funny.

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did order direct from them. Define prophylaxis for and a couple of add-ons, but no pre-order stuff. Thanks.

Holy crap. I just went back and read what the voice to text typed. it was supposed to say I ordered the profilux 4 and a couple of add-ons. I'm going to leave that up there though, because it's pretty funny.
Haven't received a ups notification, which surprised me. I'll check the website. Thanks.

Edit* Just checked. Shows it's processing.
I gather they are pretty backed up up from the whole black Friday / holiday thing.

It would be good if they let you know though.

BeachBum2012

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gather they are pretty backed up up from the whole black Friday / holiday thing.

It would be good if they let you know though.

Figures. After mentioning it here, I got the notification this morning that my order will be delivered tomorrow. Pretty good turnaround from a black Friday order.

FirstContact

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know if you can program the Gyres the way BRS did through Apex Fusion? I saw someone post a video, but the Gyres were just alternating back and forth. Not the more complex programming BRS had with varying percentages of power over time with the Gyres in ant-synch. Would like to see how this more complex wavemaking programming is accomplished in Profilux before I purchase one instead of an Apex.

OP
OP
Ditto

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back