OP
Ditto

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanka for the video link I am going to see what I can try also. I have two gyre on my other tank may just do some playing :)

OP
OP
Ditto

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA post I believe the one options are similar.

Would you not just create two stream groups one for each pump just like he Apex demo showed, ramp them up in opposite time interval, or the sequence with a ramp up time.

I am still playing as I have he vortech pumps, I am waiting on the module so I can test with icecaps which are on my other tank.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the only tricky thing to do would be the period where the 2 gyres overlap, if in fact you want them to alternate as they do in the video. Having said that, there seems to be plenty of programming options via profilux. Also like how you can easily set feed mode, night mode, and storm mode easily seperate from your main program!

FirstContact

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA post I believe the one options are similar.

Would you not just create two stream groups one for each pump just like he Apex demo showed, ramp them up in opposite time interval, or the sequence with a ramp up time.

I am still playing as I have he vortech pumps, I am waiting on the module so I can test with icecaps which are on my other tank.
If that’s exactly the same program, that’s not what Vinny responded with in the GHL forum. He didn’t write it was possible to mirror the program. He suggested something similar where on Gyre was operating and the other was off. Not the he same thing at all.

Let me know how the above works for you. Want to know if it works.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check the GHL forums for Vinny’s response. The program can’t be copied is how I read it.

http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/showthread.php?12954-Maxspect-Gyres&p=78800&posted=1#post78800
I have just been playing around with this, and I think it's doable.
I used illumination runs to control each pump, I'm using rw8s with a diy cable, so I doknt know if that would be too different from the gyre interface and controller..
I have a Jebao RW pump on L1 and L2.
In GCC instead of assigning the stream pump function to the L port, I assigned each an illumination function. This still uses the 0 to 10v control but it allows a more customized profile.

I'm actually using light composer, it's a little easier to change the percentage at each time point. Right now, I'm trying to figure out my max % for each pump without blowing the tissue off my frogspawn.

Here's a few points I have plotted, until I figure out where I want the percentages to max.
a0d80faca3e8c097c42c911c6a01e2cd.jpg

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Except that, it seems at least, that you can't put the Gyres in reverse with that setup?
I don't know how it works with the gyre, I only have the rw's. I don't know if there is a reverse mode using the stream pump setting either...

tjscott46

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Best thread on both controllers But you write an excellent thread. I’ve read all 7 pagers and made my mind up. GHL here I come. Neptune has to many problems to deal with and customer service is one of the biggest. It shouldn’t take a week of arguing with tech to get a brain or part replaced. Thank You

OP
OP
Ditto

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@tjscott46 Thank you!!

My knee surgery has kept me down more then anticipated so I have not been able to finish the replacement still on crutches. I hope to start replacing the remaining parts in the next 3-4 weeks.

I have the two Maxi dosers here now (built very very well)
Additional power bar
Slave doser (for triton merhod)

I have on Order:
KHD
Two Mitras lightbars 2 to replace my orphtek (I have had 3 fail already which I plan to post about)

I am throughly impressed with the P4, it been rock solid!!

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My knee surgery has kept me down more then anticipated so I have not been able to finish the replacement still on crutches.

I´m sad to hear. I had to do it 7 years ago with my right knee. It was a struggle - after one year they had to redo it but after that it has been better and better - 4 years ago I had a job that need me to be walking and climbing for 12 hours a day for 3 months - after that - nema problema :) - today i can do everything that I did when I was 8 years younger. I can squat (is it the right word - you sit with your but near the ground and your knee in a sharp angel) and also creep on the knees. Impossible I was told but the word impossible always start a process in my brain :) What I want to say - it will be great in the end and you will be proud member in the world of Cyborgs :)

Sincerely Lasse

EdsReefOdyssey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about the knee hope it feels better soon. Now your a member of Club GHL and Club Cyborg. ;)

I'm looking forward to reading what you have to say about the KHD and the lightbars.

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread I currently use an apex but tools are tools if there is a better one I'm all for it. I'm excited the GHL is improving it's software. I manage a software development team and to be honest fusion is what sold me on the apex over GHL. If they close the gap there then I would consider using it. I would probably run both to be honest as I like redundancy lol and the best way to truly have redundancy is to have two different systems

On a side note how do you like those orphek slimlines. I've been considering a full size atlantik but it is a little overkill for my application the single strips may be a better option

OP
OP
Ditto

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the slim lines a lot. I have two rows running down the tank. I had problems with 3 of them and orptek was great with me and we fixed them right up.

They are bright and a very good distribution on the tank little to no shimmer.

Buddah001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Best thread on both controllers But you write an excellent thread. I’ve read all 7 pagers and made my mind up. GHL here I come. Neptune has to many problems to deal with and customer service is one of the biggest. It shouldn’t take a week of arguing with tech to get a brain or part replaced. Thank You

I order my P4 last night

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How deep is your tank front to back, those par levels are great for the orpheks. Just curious how many would be needed in a row for a 24" tank

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back