Switching from 2-part to Kalkwasser Dosing.

Faithbleed

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All

I have a 2 year old 425XL SPS dominant tank.

I currently use 16.8mL of Calc (RedSea Foundation) and 96mL of Alk (RHF's SodaAsh recipe) daily.

PH runs from between 7.97 to 8.18.

I want to increase PH to boost growth, so want to dose Kalk at night (and day if needed).

My question is how do I know how much to use as a replacement and can/will Kalk replace my Calc and Alk dosing altogether?

Thanks in advance

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All

I have a 2 year old 425XL SPS dominant tank.

I currently use 16.8mL of Calc (RedSea Foundation) and 96mL of Alk (RHF's SodaAsh recipe) daily.

PH runs from between 7.97 to 8.18.

I want to increase PH to boost growth, so want to dose Kalk at night (and day if needed).

My question is how do I know how much to use as a replacement and can/will Kalk replace my Calc and Alk dosing altogether?

Thanks in advance
Kalk is a very weak solution with ALK at around 114 dKH compared to say the average 2-part’s that are around 2500-7800 dKH depending on brand. So it will take quite a bit to match what your currently dosing. Not sure what the strength of Red Sea foundation is. But if you can find out you can calculate the difference between the two and have an idea where to start. :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back