!!!SWK INVALIDA!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Really just fun play on words, to designate this better than average, rapid growing Valida!

Possibly one of the best entry level acros ever! Good looking, fast growing and hard to kill. Great for larger tanks as well with lots of space to fill in. As stated in the description on the site, the purple in those tips is almost impossible to really capture but this is pretty close. Thanks again for this one Sean! Feel free to post pics of your monster.

Available now!

swk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right about now I’m wishing I actually gave my user name some thought....

This piece was the first acro that really did well for me. Got it at a local club swap as a brown little turd. Every once in a while I’ll send the guy who gave it up a pic of it just to troll him.

This is one of those pieces, like the honeycomb, that does better when my tank is off. I don’t know what it is, but ever since my tank really started going nuts 6 months ago, this one went dormant on me, but has recently started showing new growth, which is purple.

I’ll try to get a decent pic with the iPhone and porthole to share. The colony is about the size of a volleyball and is DENSE. I’m glad it’s doing well for you, Adam and if it ever doesn’t, I have more....lol.

swk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a table. Here’s a crappy screen grab of a quick pic I sent Adam a couple days ago.

bc4d8f6b9e8dbbd19008fb6228851e75.jpg

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really? Or is it your "visa" to acquiring another collection ... :p . I would do the same thing if my wife says she loves it and I'd say ... "Bag It boys!!!" :D

My wife was a little apprehensive about me getting back into the hobby. She didn't know me when i had my original tanks, but oddly enough, this is one of those things that i have a true passion for (as most of us on here do). When I make my various coral purchases, I try to get various colors and types of corals that she'll enjoy. Torches, etc. But by adding a variety of SPS from Adam (I currently only have 1 sps from a WWC auction), I want to get something that she'll enjoy watching grow. Still haven't made up my mind if I'll do a battlebox or one of Adam's pre-determined packs, but his hardy sps 10-pack that he put online a few weeks ago still has me droolilng!

I just moved so hopefully by summer time I"ll hunker down for some new SPS! Can't wait!

swk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thing is WAY too big for a porthole to capture the whole thing. Here’s a few and it’s the best I can do without busting out the DSLR, shooting in RAW etc....I’m leaving tonight to dive Monterrey for the next 2 days and am short on time, as always.
87147a25caa7ecb7a238968a9a799030.jpg

625e65b150d8340883ab2fe6e88d29b5.jpg
daedddb6ea66cecd893381068cd73534.jpg
2d417680655de0ca142ac09037aa3d8f.jpg

The similar looking coral behind it is Thermans Rainbow Incase anyone is curious. Cheers!

Sean

reef-freak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much for this beauty and how big is the frag.also shipping costs

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How much for this beauty and how big is the frag.also shipping costs

Go ahead and give the pic in the first post a click

Will take you directly to the site page

Last edited:

kurtp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a table. Here’s a crappy screen grab of a quick pic I sent Adam a couple days ago.

bc4d8f6b9e8dbbd19008fb6228851e75.jpg

D Rool!

SWK Invalida was the one specific coral I requested in a recent mystery grab bag Battlebox. I saw it on Adam's site and it was my favorite out of all the stunners he offers. And that was before I found this thread....thanks for posting all the pictures of your amazing colony, Sean. The pics in the later post really show the colors well, but this quoted image kind of address a question I have about placement. Could just be the camera angle but it looks like the colony spans the lower to mid-range of your tank. Is that about right? I've got a spot picked out for mine about 2/3rds of the way down under a 6 bulb ATI with an XHO actinic ReefBrite LED strip. In that spot it would get strong turbulence where my Jabeos' flow collide. Given how dense your colony is I imagine high flow is needed. Any advice would be appreciated as I want to do right by this beautiful coral
Thanks,
Kurt

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those that have the SWK Invalida. The area I have mine in isn’t full strength light...do these guys like intense light and high flow?
I haven’t seen mine take off that month ch in the last 2 months, so I’m thinking a relocation might be in order...

@Battlecorals ?

As always thanks everyone!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
For those that have the SWK Invalida. The area I have mine in isn’t full strength light...do these guys like intense light and high flow?
I haven’t seen mine take off that month ch in the last 2 months, so I’m thinking a relocation might be in order...

@Battlecorals ?

As always thanks everyone!

Its pretty forgiving acro that will thrive just about anywhere. probably just needs some time to really adjust and acclimate

swk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the original piece out of a cheap led lit tank and it was very neat looking. I mounted the colony in the middle of my t5 lit tank and it grew to the upper reaches. The colors morphed over time.

I guess the point was that it doesn’t really matter. Lower light, more purple. Brighter, more blue/green.

As far as flow mine was so dense that the bottom and middle was all dead when I sold the colony.

The main thing is that it’s not picky. Just give it time and watch it grow!

kurtp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info Adam and SWK.
For others interested in the SWK Invalida, it does seem to be remarkably resilient. Its probably still too early to tell for sure, but the frag I got on 8/8/18 lost about half its tissue due to a shipping delay. I have never been able to stop RTN in any of my acros once it starts, but this guy has been hanging in there losing a little more tissue over the first 24 hours in my tank, but no further loss since then. I left it on the sand bed and about 5 nights ago I could see one polyp groundhogging out of its corallite. Last night most of the corallites on the remaining tissue had some PE. I can even convince myself that some of the color is coming back.

swk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info Adam and SWK.
For others interested in the SWK Invalida, it does seem to be remarkably resilient. Its probably still too early to tell for sure, but the frag I got on 8/8/18 lost about half its tissue due to a shipping delay. I have never been able to stop RTN in any of my acros once it starts, but this guy has been hanging in there losing a little more tissue over the first 24 hours in my tank, but no further loss since then. I left it on the sand bed and about 5 nights ago I could see one polyp groundhogging out of its corallite. Last night most of the corallites on the remaining tissue had some PE. I can even convince myself that some of the color is coming back.

Let me put it this way in regards to this corals hardiness… This was the first acro that thrived in my tank. It was a little brown turd that another one of my local club members had given up on and placed it in the auction. It’s certainly not a face melter but it’s a lovely little valida that’s an excellent confidence booster

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back