OP
OP
Danh Ngo

Danh Ngo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that Pro version has more bulb than non-Pro version. Are there any specific differences?

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wonder what is AB+?
Also any pics of Gen 4 xr30 + t5 (2B+, 2C+) ?
Gen4 and pro? Any differences in color?
AB + is an Ecotech Radion schedule. I attached my schedule from apex which matches Ecotech AB +

5897C979-85F2-4C49-A20A-18FAEBCFEE08.png

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would be the advantage for using a purple + over a second coral +?
I feel that the purple plus brings out more of the pop in the corals as opposed to a coral plus which is more of the whiter spectrum but that's just my opinion

Daniel Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would be the advantage for using a purple + over a second coral +?
@leepink23 The coral plus has a little bit more in the green spectrum, and the purple plus has a little bit more in the red spectrum. If you look at their spectral graphs, you will see that the differences seem very minor (see ATI link below). However, visually it's enough to make a difference, so it gives people that many more options to fine tune how their tank looks. Some people like the purple plus bulb, some people don't. The purple plus bulb is also one that really needs to be ran with other bulbs, so what other bulbs you run it with will also impact the overall effect it will have on your tank (visually).

https://www.atinorthamerica.com/t5-bulbs/

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered the 48 inch aquatic life with 2 blue+ and 2 coral +. They have the fixture 10% off right now. Not quite ready to get it running but figured I would grab it while on sale

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered the 48 inch aquatic life with 2 blue+ and 2 coral +. They have the fixture 10% off right now. Not quite ready to get it running but figured I would grab it while on sale

Where?

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see this mentioned but what about

B+, A, C+, B+

Would this be a good combo?

Daniel Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see this mentioned but what about

B+, A, C+, B+

Would this be a good combo?
Perfectly fine combo. Can't really screw it up with T5 bulbs. Just pick a combination of bulbs you like visually. I do think having at least one full spectrum bulb in any combination is a good idea.

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered (2) B+, (1) A, (1) C+ and (1) P+ to see what I might like better, the C+ or the P+. I figure the (2)B+ and A will be no matter what and the other 2 I can change to see which looks better to my eyes :)

Daniel Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long would be the recommended run time at first, in addition to two Radion XR30 gen 3 pro with diffuser? I figured 2- 3 hours at first?
There are different ways to approach this. I think it really depends on how long your photo period is now, what kind of par levels you are at now, and how much you think the T5's are going to add to those par levels. I'd be inclined to reduce the intensity of the radion LED's somewhat (say 20% ?) and run the T5's a couple of hours each day and increase the T5 duration by an hour each week till you reach the T5 photo duration period you are wanting. When you feel like you're at a proper duration period on the T5's, you can slowly add back more LED intensity if you feel like it's needed. I've read about a lot of people who inadvertently bleach their corals from LED's but can't remember anyone everyone commenting about this happening from using T5's. I don't know if it's because LED's were really bad for creating hot spots (which isn't as much of an issue nowadays with wider angle lenses and people using diffusers) or people are cranking the LED intensities too high without using a par meter, or if it's a spectrum or distribution thing whereas the T5's are "gentler" on the corals. Regardless, I think you have less to worry about adding T5's into your lighting versus if you were adding LED's to existing T5's.

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are different ways to approach this. I think it really depends on how long your photo period is now, what kind of par levels you are at now, and how much you think the T5's are going to add to those par levels. I'd be inclined to reduce the intensity of the radion LED's somewhat (say 20% ?) and run the T5's a couple of hours each day and increase the T5 duration by an hour each week till you reach the T5 photo duration period you are wanting. When you feel like you're at a proper duration period on the T5's, you can slowly add back more LED intensity if you feel like it's needed. I've read about a lot of people who inadvertently bleach their corals from LED's but can't remember anyone everyone commenting about this happening from using T5's. I don't know if it's because LED's were really bad for creating hot spots (which isn't as much of an issue nowadays with wider angle lenses and people using diffusers) or people are cranking the LED intensities too high without using a par meter, or if it's a spectrum or distribution thing whereas the T5's are "gentler" on the corals. Regardless, I think you have less to worry about adding T5's into your lighting versus if you were adding LED's to existing T5's.
I actually just dropped my Radions by 30% because of slight bleaching on one sps even with diffusers on and checking my PARs, I will eventually add the T5 for a few hours and re-check PARs once the Coral is completely recovered. My other 8 sps are looking great but this one is the highest up and directly under the light. I had hoped that the T5 would allow me to keep the Radions down on intesity but increase my PAR and not have the higher risks of bleaching. Sounds like thats exactly what they will do. Thanks for the information.

OP
OP
Danh Ngo

Danh Ngo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered (2) B+, (1) A, (1) C+ and (1) P+ to see what I might like better, the C+ or the P+. I figure the (2)B+ and A will be no matter what and the other 2 I can change to see which looks better to my eyes :)
can you give us some picture after you try that. Want to know different between p+ and without P+

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually asked Randy about the BRS160 since the original video had Giesemann bulbs. They're currently running it with 4 ATI B+ and run the A360W's at 50% colour.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back