T5 hybrid vs Kessil AP9X

hails

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I am in the process of buying all the gear for my first tank (neptunian m150 so nearly 5 ft long around 130g) and I can’t decide whether to go t5 hybrid or just get enough decent LEDs. The newest Kessils look really good but I don’t know enough yet to decide whether they would do the job as well as the aquatic life t5 with a couple of cheaper LEDs added later. I eventually want a mixed reef with both sps up higher and lps. Will the Kessils (or similar) grow sps well ? Appreciate any info :)

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kessil will grow sps, but due to them being a point source light shadowing becomes an issue as branchy sps become colonies. More kessil units will need to be added to combat this or running a light that acts as a fill like reef brite strips, t5 retrofits etc.

OP
OP
H

hails

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kessil will grow sps, but due to them being a point source light shadowing becomes an issue as branchy sps become colonies. More kessil units will need to be added to combat this or running a light that acts as a fill like reef brite strips, t5 retrofits etc.
Thankyou!

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T5s will always be better because of the above comment.

Back