taking pics

Frank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been a member or a month or so and I think this R2R is outstanding. My plight is I can not figure out how to post pics of my tank. I only have a sony cyber-shot and can not figure out how to upload if that is the wright term for it. Any help out there, thanks in advance.:squigglemouth:

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once you have them on your computer, I'd resize them. Photobucket can do this for you, but it takes a lot longer for it to upload the pictures and format at the same time. Microsoft Picture manager can do it for you (compress and resize), if you have it. Right click on a picture icon and select Open With and see what shows up. I use Photoshop 6 for mine, though. MS Picture Manager is quicker, but just not as good IMO.

Once you have it the right size (I go for 1080x762 or somewhere in that range) and have is small enough (try to stay below 100KB in general), then it's time to upload. Photobucket is free (www.photobucket.com), but there are a good many others, as well. From your photobucket account, click on the Add Files button top center of the main page. This will let you browse to your computer to find the pictures to upload. Choose as many as you want (I think there is a limit, but you can get at least 20 pictures per session) and tell it to upload. When it finishes, your uploaded pics will be shown in thumbnails.

When you hold the cursor over the pictures, four rows of info will pop up below the picture. The bottom one (IMG) is the one you want to copy. Then paste it into the post you want to show the picture in. It should come with the IMG tag at the beginning and end. When post, the picture will appear.

Uploading takes something from a lower 'intelligence' item to a higher 'intelligence' item and downloading goes from higher 'intelligence' to lower 'intelligence'. The web has alot more capability in connections and information than your computer, so the internet is more 'intelligent' than your computer (higher level). your computer is smarter than your camera, so you upload from the camera to the computer, but download from the computer to the camera (or PLC, etc.). Does that make any sense?

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 83 44.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 85 45.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.2%
Back